The Seattle Mariners (34-41) are set to take on the Baltimore Orioles (35-40) Tuesday at 10:10 PM ET. The Mariners are listed as -176 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Orioles have +151 odds for the contest. Robbie Ray starts for Seattle while Dean Kremer is Baltimore’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mariners vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mariners vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +151 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+151) and Over (7.5)
Mariners vs. Orioles Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Robbie Ray
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Dean Kremer
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Seattle Mariners vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Mariners Starter Robbie Ray
- The Mariners will send Ray (6-6) out for his 16th start of the season. He is 6-6 with a 4.07 ERA and 97 strikeouts in 90 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday, the lefty threw 6 2/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In 15 games this season, the 30-year-old has a 4.07 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .226 to his opponents.
- Ray is looking for his fourth quality start in a row.
- Ray is looking for his 16th straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.0 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He meets an Orioles offense that ranks 18th in the league with 311 runs while batting .231 as a squad. It has a collective .385 slugging percentage (19th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 79 home runs (15th in MLB).
- In five innings over one appearance against the Orioles this season, Ray has a 7.2 ERA and a 1.8 WHIP while his opponents are batting .316.
- The 30-year-old’s 4.07 ERA ranks 44th, 1.180 WHIP ranks 34th, and 9.6 K/9 ranks 13th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Orioles Starter Dean Kremer
- The Orioles will hand the ball to Kremer (2-1) for his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander allowed seven hits in 5 2/3 scoreless innings pitched against the Chicago White Sox on Friday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 1.71 ERA this season with 6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.1 walks per nine across four games.
- In four starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- Kremer will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Mariners have scored 295 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They are batting .232 for the campaign with 79 home runs, 15th in the league.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been favorites in 27 games this season and won 16 (59.3%) of those contests.
- Seattle is 2-2 this season when entering a game favored by -176 or more on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 63.8% chance to win.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 35 of their 75 chances.
- The Mariners are 38-37-0 ATS in their 75 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been underdogs in 69 games this season and have come away with the win 31 times (44.9%) in those contests.
- Baltimore has a win-loss record of 12-19 when favored by +151 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 39.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Baltimore have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 33 of 76 chances this season.
- The Orioles are 49-27-0 against the spread in their 76 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez is hitting .269 with 14 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 22 walks.
- In all of MLB, Rodriguez is 49th in homers and 60th in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has 15 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 30 walks while batting .262.
- Crawford ranks 164th in homers and 193rd in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Jesse Winker has 11 doubles, six home runs and 49 walks while hitting .227.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .223 with 12 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 28 walks.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Hays leads the Orioles with 45 runs batted in while racking up a team-high batting average of .284.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Hays’ home run total ranks 49th and his RBI tally is 21st.
- Cedric Mullins is hitting .258 with 18 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 19 walks.
- Mullins is 132nd in home runs and 118th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Anthony Santander leads the Orioles with 14 long balls.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .267 with 14 doubles, 13 home runs and 13 walks.