The Seattle Mariners (79-62) will be out to avoid the sweep when they host the San Diego Padres (78-64) to complete a two-game series. Sportsbooks have listed the Mariners as -154 favorites for the series finale, while the Padres are +132 underdogs. Seattle’s Luis Castillo gets the start, and he’ll go against San Diego’s Mike Clevinger.
Table of Contents
Mariners vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mariners vs. Padres
Our best bet is the Padres on the moneyline at +132 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (+132) and Over (7.5)
Mariners vs. Padres Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Luis Castillo
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Mike Clevinger
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Seattle Mariners vs San Diego Padres Pitching Matchup
Mariners Starter Luis Castillo
- Castillo (6-5) takes the mound for the Mariners in his 22nd start of the season. He’s put together a 2.81 ERA in 128 1/3 innings pitched, with 141 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the righty went 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 2.81, with 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 21 games this season. Opponents have a .209 batting average against him.
- Castillo has 15 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Castillo will try to last five or more innings for his 21st straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.0 innings per outing.
- The opposing Padres offense has a collective .240 batting average, and is 16th in the league with 1151 total hits and 14th in MLB play with 622 runs scored. It has the 24th-ranked slugging percentage (.380) and ranks 21st in home runs (133) in all of MLB.
Padres Starter Mike Clevinger
- The Padres will send Clevinger (5-6) to the mound for his 19th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed five innings while giving up four earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with an ERA of 4.13 and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .226.
- He has five quality starts in 18 chances this season.
- Clevinger has made 11 starts of five or more innings in 18 chances this season, and averages 4.3 frames when he pitches.
- The Mariners have scored 589 runs this season, which ranks 20th in MLB. They are batting .229 for the campaign with 169 home runs, 10th in the league.
- The Mariners have gone 6-for-23 with a double, a home run and four RBI in six innings this season against the right-hander.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have entered the game as favorites 65 times this season and won 44, or 67.7%, of those games.
- Seattle has a record of 19-10, a 65.5% win rate, when favored by -154 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 60.6% chance of a victory for the Mariners.
- Seattle and its opponents have hit the over in 65 of their 141 games with a total this season.
- The Mariners are 77-64-0 against the spread in their 141 chances this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won in 21, or 50%, of the 42 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- San Diego has a win-loss record of 6-6 when favored by +132 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Padres have an implied victory probability of 43.1% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- San Diego’s games have gone over the total in 70 of their 143 opportunities.
- In 143 games with a line this season, the Padres have a mark of 61-82-0 against the spread.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez has a team-best batting average of .275.
- Of all batters in baseball, Rodriguez’s home run total places him 28th, and his RBI tally ranks him 43rd.
- Rodriguez carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .471 with two doubles, two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Ty France’s .275 batting average leads his team.
- France ranks 62nd in home runs and 40th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Eugenio Suarez has a team-best 30 home runs and 82 runs batted in.
- Suarez is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with five home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is hitting .250 with 23 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 52 walks.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado leads the Padres with 28 home runs and 90 runs batted in, while posting a team-best batting average of .302.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Machado is 15th in home runs and 13th in RBI.
- Juan Soto is batting .237 with 20 doubles, two triples, 24 home runs and 121 walks.
- Soto is currently 32nd in homers and 104th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Josh Bell has 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 71 walks while hitting .277.
- Jurickson Profar has 32 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 69 walks while batting .240.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price