The Philadelphia Phillies (46-43) will look to Bryson Stott, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Miami Marlins (43-45) Friday at loanDepot park. The Marlins are -158 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 6:40 PM ET. Miami’s Sandy Alcantara and Philadelphia’s Kyle Gibson have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Marlins vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Marlins vs. Phillies
Our best bet is the Phillies on the moneyline at +136 after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+136) and Over (7)
Marlins vs. Phillies Game Info
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Sandy Alcantara
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- Game Day: Friday, July 15, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Marlins Starter Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara tries for his 10th win when he makes the start for the Marlins, his 19th of the season. He is 9-3 with a 1.73 ERA and 111 strikeouts in 130 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Sunday, the righty tossed 7 2/3 scoreless innings against the New York Mets while surrendering six hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 1.73, with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 18 games this season. Opponents are batting .193 against him.
- Alcantara is trying to register his fourth quality start in a row in this game.
- Alcantara will aim to last five or more innings for his 13th straight start. He’s averaging 7.1 frames per outing.
- He meets a Phillies offense that ranks seventh in the league with 415 runs while batting .245 as a unit. It has a collective .414 slugging percentage (seventh in MLB action) and has hit a total of 115 home runs (fifth in MLB).
- Alcantara has pitched 14 innings, giving up four earned runs on 13 hits while striking out 10 against the Phillies this season.
- The 26-year-old’s 1.73 ERA ranks second, .913 WHIP ranks fifth, and 7.7 K/9 ranks 41st among qualifying pitchers this season.
Phillies Starter Kyle Gibson
- The Phillies will send Gibson to the mound for his first start this season.
- The 34-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Marlins have scored 370 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They are batting .239 for the campaign with 90 home runs, 16th in the league.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been favorites in 39 games this season and won 25 (64.1%) of those contests.
- Miami has a record of 6-6 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -158 on the moneyline.
- The Marlins have a 61.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Miami and its opponents have hit the over in 42 of their 88 games with a total this season.
- The Marlins have an ATS record of 43-45-0 in 88 games with a spread this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have come away with 15 wins in the 34 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Philadelphia has a mark of 4-4 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +136 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 42.4% chance of pulling out a win.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 46 of their 89 opportunities.
- In 89 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 47-42-0 against the spread.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins with a team-best batting average of .295.
- Cooper is 146th in homers and 68th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Jesus Aguilar is hitting .245 with 14 doubles, 11 home runs and 20 walks.
- Aguilar is 69th in homers and 91st in RBI on the season.
- Aguilar has three straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a walk and an RBI.
- Miguel Rojas has 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .242.
- Rojas is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .133 with .
- Jon Berti is hitting .271 with 10 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 27 walks.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Kyle Schwarber has a team-high 28 home runs and has driven in 57 runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Schwarber’s home run total is second and his RBI tally is 13th.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .248 with 17 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 44 walks.
- Hoskins is 19th in homers and 54th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .251 with 19 doubles, eight home runs and 21 walks.
- Stott is batting .187 with four doubles, six home runs and 18 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price