The Miami Marlins (57-82) are -135 favorites when they play the Texas Rangers (60-79) on Monday at 1:10 PM ET. Garrett Cooper has 98 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at loanDepot park. Miami’s Trevor Rogers gets the start, and he’ll go against Texas’ Glenn Otto.
Table of Contents
Marlins vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Marlins vs. Rangers
Our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +114 after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+114) and Over (7)
Marlins vs. Rangers Game Info
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Trevor Rogers
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Glenn Otto
- Game Day: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Miami Marlins vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Marlins Starter Trevor Rogers
- Rogers makes the start for the Marlins, his 22nd of the season. He is 4-11 with a 5.51 ERA and 96 strikeouts in 99 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he tossed six innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 24-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.51, with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 21 games this season. Opponents are hitting .276 against him.
- Rogers is seeking his third quality start in a row.
- Rogers will try to pitch five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 4.2 frames per outing.
- He will match up with a Rangers offense that ranks 14th in MLB with 1145 total hits (on a .242 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .397 (13th in MLB) with 168 total home runs (ninth in MLB).
Rangers Starter Glenn Otto
- Otto (6-8) will take to the mound for the Rangers and make his 23rd start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw four innings against the Houston Astros, giving up two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.80 and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .233 in 22 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start five times in 22 starts this season.
- Otto has made 16 starts of five or more innings in 22 chances this season, and averages 4.3 frames when he pitches.
- The Marlins rank 27th in MLB with 494 runs scored this season. They have a .229 batting average this campaign with 123 home runs (24th in the league).
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been favorites in 53 games this season and won 31 (58.5%) of those contests.
- Miami has a record of 16-10, a 61.5% win rate, when favored by -135 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- So far this season, Miami and its opponents have hit the over in 62 of their 139 games with a total.
- The Marlins are 64-75-0 against the spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have come away with 39 wins in the 88 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Texas has come away with a win 25 times in 60 chances when named as an underdog of at least +114 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 46.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Texas and their opponents have hit the over in 67 of their 140 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rangers have an against the spread record of 77-63-0 in 140 games with a line this season.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Miguel Rojas’ .232 average leads the Marlins this year. His resume also includes six homers and driven in 32 RBI.
- Rojas ranks 243rd in home runs and 226th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Cooper’s 46 runs batted in pace his team.
- Cooper enters this game looking for his seventh game in a row with a hit. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .270 with four doubles, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Jon Berti is hitting .254 with 15 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 34 walks.
- Berti has at least one base hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .176 with a double.
- Joey Wendle has 22 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 14 walks while hitting .258.
- Wendle brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager has swatted a team- leading 29 long balls.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Seager is 13th in homers and 32nd in RBI.
- Seager carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Marcus Semien is batting .242 with 25 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 47 walks.
- Semien ranks 42nd overall in home runs and 41st in RBI this year.
- Nate Lowe leads the Rangers’ lineup with a .308 batting average.
- Adolis Garcia has driven in a team-leading 89 runs batted in.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price