The New York Mets will look to pick up their 53rd win of the season when they take on the Miami Marlins (39-42) Friday. The game begins at 7:10 PM ET, with the Mets listed as -157 favorites on the moneyline. New York’s Chris Bassitt gets the start, and he’ll go against Miami’s Pablo Lopez.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Marlins
Our best bet is the Marlins on the moneyline at +135 after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will under the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+135) and Under (7.5)
Mets vs. Marlins Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Pablo López
- Game Day: Friday, July 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt will make his first start of the season for the Mets.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 33-year-old right-hander, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Marlins rank 17th in run scoring in the league (348) this season and are batting .240 while hitting 88 home runs (15th in the league).
Marlins Starter Pablo López
- Lopez (5-4) will take the mound for the Marlins, his 17th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 6 1/3 innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 3.06 ERA this season with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.6 walks per nine across 16 games.
- He has earned a quality start seven times in 16 starts this season.
- Lopez has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mets have scored 402 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They are batting .258 for the campaign with 81 home runs, 19th in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Mets in one game, and they have gone 8-for-24 with a home run and six RBI over 5 1/3 innings.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 26-year-old’s 3.06 ERA ranks 21st, 1.074 WHIP ranks 22nd, and 8.9 K/9 ranks 25th.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have won 42, or 68.9%, of the 61 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has a record of 19-6 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -157 on the moneyline.
- The Mets have a 61.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 44 of their 85 games with a total this season.
- The Mets are 47-36-0 ATS in their 83 games with a spread this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have come away with 16 wins in the 46 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Miami has been victorious three times in 14 chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 42.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Miami and their opponents have gone over in 40 of their 81 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Marlins have posted a record of 40-41-0 against the spread this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso is the Mets best power option, launching 22 home runs this season in addition to accumulating 69 RBI, both team highs.
- Alonso’s home runs place him fifth in MLB, and he is first in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .241 with 11 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 32 walks.
- Lindor ranks 41st in homers and eighth in RBI in the bigs.
- Starling Marte has 17 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 16 walks while batting .290.
- Marte will look to build on his seven-game hitting in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .410 with four doubles, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 15 doubles, five triples, seven home runs and 30 walks while batting .278.
- Nimmo has recorded at least one hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with a double, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Garrett Cooper leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .308.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Cooper’s home run total ranks 161st and his RBI tally is 64th.
- Miguel Rojas has 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks while batting .249.
- Rojas is currently 161st in home runs and 201st in RBI in the big leagues.
- Jesus Aguilar is hitting .243 with 13 doubles, 10 home runs and 19 walks.
- Jon Berti is hitting .257 with eight doubles, two triples, two home runs and 24 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price