The New York Mets (65-38) will meet the Washington Nationals (36-69) on Wednesday at 4:05 PM ET. Brandon Nimmo will be looking for his 100th hit of the season for the favored Mets (-251) when the game gets underway at Nationals Park. New York’s Chris Bassitt and Washington’s Anibal Sanchez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Nationals
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +206. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+206) and Over (9)
Mets vs. Nationals Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Aníbal Sánchez
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
New York Mets vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt gets the start for the Mets, his 20th of the season. He is 7-7 with a 3.83 ERA and 117 strikeouts in 115 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Friday against the Miami Marlins, when he threw 6 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 33-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.83, with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in 19 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .227 batting average against him.
- Bassitt is looking to pick up his 13th quality start of the year.
- Bassitt will try to build on an eight-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 innings per appearance).
- He will take the mound against a Nationals team that is hitting .246 as a unit (12th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .373 (26th in MLB) with 83 total home runs (28th in MLB).
- Bassitt has thrown six innings without giving up an earned run on three hits, while striking out eight against the Nationals this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 33-year-old ranks 40th in ERA (3.83), 26th in WHIP (1.130), and 15th in K/9 (9.2).
Nationals Starter Aníbal Sánchez
- Sanchez (0-3) will take the mound for the Nationals, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up six earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 38-year-old has an ERA of 7.47 and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .271 in three games this season.
- Sánchez will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Mets have scored 483 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They have 897 hits, sixth in baseball, with 104 home runs (16th in the league).
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mets have won 52 out of the 77 games, or 67.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York is 3-2 this season when entering a game favored by -251 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 71.5% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 52 of 105 chances this season.
- In 103 games with a spread this season, the Mets are 56-47-0 ATS.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have come away with 29 wins in the 89 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Washington has won five of 10 games when listed as at least +206 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 32.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 51 of their 105 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 45-60-0 against the spread in their 105 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (27) and runs batted in (86).
- Including all MLB batters, Alonso ranks 39th in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor has 16 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 41 walks while batting .261.
- Lindor is 27th in homers and sixth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Lindor has nine games in a row with at least one hit. During his last 10 outings he is batting .385 with four doubles, three home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- Starling Marte leads the Mets with a .300 batting average.
- Marte will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .318 with a triple, a home run and five RBI.
- Nimmo is hitting .267 with 19 doubles, five triples, 10 home runs and 37 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nelson Cruz has racked up a team-leading 52 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Cruz is 150th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez is batting .240 with 22 doubles, three triples and 32 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Hernandez is 405th in homers and 249th in RBI.
- Luke Voit has 13 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Keibert Ruiz paces the Nationals with a team-leading batting average of .245.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price