The New York Mets will look to pick up their 51st win of the season when they take on the Cincinnati Reds (27-52) Tuesday. The game begins at 6:40 PM ET, with the Mets listed as -201 favorites on the moneyline. New York’s Max Scherzer gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Nick Lodolo.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Reds Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Reds
Our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +169 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+169) and Over (9)
Mets vs. Reds Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Max Scherzer
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Nick Lodolo
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
New York Mets vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Max Scherzer
- Scherzer starts for the first time this season for the Mets.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 37-year-old right-hander, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Reds have totaled 339 runs this season (18th in MLB) and are batting .239 collectively with 73 home runs (23rd in the league).
Reds Starter Nick Lodolo
- Lodolo has been named the starter for the Reds and will make his first start this season.
- The left-hander is making his first start of the year. The 24-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Mets have scored 384 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 690 hits, fifth in baseball, with 78 home runs (19th in the league).
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have entered the game as favorites 58 times this season and won 40, or 69%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 4-1 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -201 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 66.8% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 42 of their 82 games with a total this season.
- In 80 games with a spread this season, the Mets are 45-35-0 ATS.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have been victorious in 22, or 34.9%, of the 63 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Cincinnati has been victorious three times in 17 chances when named as an underdog of at least +169 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 37.2% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 44 of 80 chances this season.
- The Reds are 35-45-0 against the spread in their 80 games that had a posted line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso is the Mets best power option, launching 22 home runs this season in addition to delivering 69 RBI, both team highs.
- In all of MLB, Alonso ranks fifth in home runs and first in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .248 with 11 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 32 walks.
- Lindor is 39th in home runs and seventh in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Starling Marte is hitting .279 with 16 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 14 walks.
- Marte is on a four-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Jeff McNeil is hitting .318 to pace his team.
- McNeil has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .188 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Drury paces the Reds in home runs (17) and runs batted in (45).
- Drury is 15th in homers and 28th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Drury takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .133 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Tommy Pham is hitting .253 with nine doubles, 11 home runs and 36 walks.
- Pham is currently 57th in homers and 85th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Kyle Farmer leads the Reds with a team-high batting average of .284.
- Joey Votto has 15 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 33 walks while batting .210.
|Albert Almora Jr.||44||.255||.272||.405||5||26||39|
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price