Two of the league’s top power hitters will meet Wednesday when the New York Mets (60-37) and New York Yankees (66-32) take the field at 7:10 PM ET. Pete Alonso has 25 home runs for the Mets (-169 favorites on the moneyline) while Aaron Judge has 38 homers this season for the Yankees (+142). Max Scherzer starts for the Mets while Domingo German is the Yankees’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Yankees Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Yankees
Our best bet is the Yankees on the moneyline at +142 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: New York Yankees (+142) and Over (8)
Mets vs. Yankees Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Max Scherzer
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Domingo Germán
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs New York Yankees Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Max Scherzer
- Scherzer (6-2) gets the starting nod for the Mets in his 13th start of the season. He has a 2.28 ERA in 75 innings pitched, with 98 strikeouts.
- The righty last pitched on Friday against the San Diego Padres, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In 12 games this season, the 37-year-old has an ERA of 2.28, with 11.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .201 against him.
- Scherzer is aiming to earn his fifth quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Scherzer will look to build on a 13-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per appearance).
- He will face a Yankees squad that is batting .245 as a unit (14th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .443 (first in MLB) with 167 total home runs (first in MLB).
Yankees Starter Domingo Germán
- The Yankees will send German to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw 3 2/3 innings, giving up five earned runs while allowing six hits against the Houston Astros.
- He has an ERA of 15.00, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 2.333 in one games this season.
- The Mets rank fifth in MLB with 453 runs scored this season. They have a .252 batting average this campaign with 95 home runs (19th in the league).
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mets have been favored 71 times and won 47, or 66.2%, of those games.
- This season, the Mets have won 17 of their 21 games, or 81%, when favored by at least -169 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.8% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- The Mets and their opponents have hit the over in 49 of their 99 games with a total this season.
- The Mets are 52-45-0 against the spread in their 97 chances this season.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been victorious in four of the seven contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- The Yankees have yet to enter a game this year with longer moneyline odds than +142.
- The Yankees have an implied victory probability of 41.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- The Yankees and their opponents have hit the over in 48 of their 98 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees are 46-52-0 against the spread in their 98 games that had a posted line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alonso paces the Mets with 25 home runs and 83 runs batted in.
- Of all batters in MLB, Alonso’s home run total ranks him fifth, and his RBI tally puts him first.
- Alonso carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .588 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .250 with 14 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 36 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Lindor is 34th in home runs and sixth in RBI.
- Lindor heads into this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles.
- Starling Marte has racked up a team-high batting average of .296.
- Marte will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .263 with 17 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 37 walks.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Judge leads the lineup with a batting average of .296, and leads the Yankees in home runs, with 38 and runs batted in with 82.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Judge ranks first in homers and second in RBI.
- Judge brings a hitting streak of five games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .524 with two doubles, five home runs, three walks and 12 RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .222 with 16 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 43 walks.
- Rizzo is currently ninth in homers and 16th in RBI in the major leagues.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .281 with 15 doubles, nine home runs and 52 walks.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .263 with 18 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 25 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price