The Washington Nationals (49-92) are +155 underdogs for their matchup with the Baltimore Orioles (73-67) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. Luke Voit has 97 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Nationals Park. Dean Kremer starts for Baltimore while Cory Abbott is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Orioles vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Orioles vs. Nationals
After taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +155. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+155) and Over (9)
Orioles vs. Nationals Game Info
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Dean Kremer
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Cory Abbott
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Baltimore Orioles vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Orioles Starter Dean Kremer
- Kremer (6-5) gets the starting nod for the Orioles in his 17th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.23 ERA in 94 2/3 innings pitched, with 71 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared in relief on Wednesday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, allowing two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.23, with 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .267 batting average against him.
- Kremer heads into the outing with six quality starts under his belt this season.
- Kremer is looking for his eighth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He will face off against a Nationals offense that is batting .252 as a unit (10th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .382 (23rd in MLB) with 119 total home runs (27th in MLB).
Nationals Starter Cory Abbott
- Abbott (0-2) will take to the mound for the Nationals and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came in relief on Saturday when he threw one inning out of the bullpen against the Philadelphia Phillies, giving up one earned run while allowing one hit.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 4.22 ERA this season with 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.7 walks per nine across 12 games.
- In five starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- In five starts this season, Abbott has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 2.2 innings per appearance.
- The Orioles rank 21st in MLB with 583 runs scored this season. They have a .235 batting average this campaign with 147 home runs (15th in the league).
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Orioles have been favored 22 times and won 15, or 68.2%, of those games.
- Baltimore has a record of 1-2 when favored by -180 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Orioles, based on the moneyline, is 64.3%.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in 62 of their 141 chances.
- The Orioles are 90-51-0 against the spread in their 141 chances this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have come away with 41 wins in the 122 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Washington has a win-loss record of 21-43 when favored by +155 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 39.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 69 of their 141 opportunities.
- In 141 games with a line this season, the Nationals have a mark of 63-78-0 against the spread.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander has accumulated a team-best 27 home runs and 79 runs batted in.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Santander ranks 22nd in homers and 25th in RBI.
- Santander takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with two walks and two RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has a club-leading .265 batting average.
- Mullins is 104th in home runs and 90th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .245 with 26 doubles, 21 home runs and 33 walks.
- Austin Hays is batting .248 with 30 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 28 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cesar Hernandez has 27 doubles, four triples, a home run and 42 walks while batting .250.
- Hernandez ranks 397th in home runs and 225th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Lane Thomas’ .255 batting average leads his team.
- Thomas ranks 94th in home runs and 127th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Nelson Cruz has a team-high 64 runs batted in.
- Voit has collected a team-best 19 home runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price