Jesus Aguilar is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Baltimore Orioles (74-67) as they get set to take on the Washington Nationals (49-93) on Wednesday. The Orioles enter the matchup as -145 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Nationals Park at 7:05 PM ET. Baltimore’s Tyler Wells and Washington’s Patrick Corbin have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Orioles vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Orioles vs. Nationals
Our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +124 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+124) and Over (8.5)
Orioles vs. Nationals Game Info
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Tyler Wells
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Patrick Corbin
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Baltimore Orioles vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Orioles Starter Tyler Wells
- Wells gets the start for the Orioles, his 22nd of the season. He is 7-6 with a 3.91 ERA and 69 strikeouts in 96 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he went two innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- In 21 games this season, the 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.91, with 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .232 against him.
- Wells enters this game with five quality starts under his belt this season.
- Wells enters the matchup with 12 outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- The opposing Nationals offense has the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.381) and is 28th in MLB play with 119 home runs. It has a collective .252 batting average, and is 10th in MLB with 1208 total hits and 25th in MLB play scoring 548 runs.
- In five innings over one appearance against the Nationals this season, Wells has a 0.00 ERA and a 1.400 WHIP while his opponents are batting .167.
Nationals Starter Patrick Corbin
- Corbin (6-18) will take to the mound for the Nationals and make his 29th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Friday, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings while giving up five earned runs on 12 hits in a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 6.30, a 2.609 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.705 in 28 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start eight times in 28 starts this season.
- Corbin has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Orioles are batting .235 this season, 21st in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .389 (16th in the league) with 148 home runs.
- The Orioles have gone 7-for-19 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs and three RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Orioles have won 16 out of the 23 games, or 69.6%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Baltimore has won seven of its 10 games, or 70%, when favored by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Orioles.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 62 of their 142 opportunities.
- In 142 games with a spread this season, the Orioles are 90-52-0 ATS.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 123 games this season and have come away with the win 41 times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Washington has a mark of 30-65 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +124 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 44.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Washington and their opponents have gone over in 69 of their 142 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Nationals have an against the spread record of 64-78-0 in 142 games with a line this season.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander has accumulated a team-high 27 home runs and 79 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Santander ranks 78th in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage, and 43rd in slugging.
- Cedric Mullins has a club-best .263 batting average.
- Mullins is 106th in home runs and 92nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ryan Mountcastle paces the Orioles with 79 runs batted in.
- Austin Hays has 31 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .250.
- Hays takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Lane Thomas leads the Nationals with a team-leading batting average of .254.
- Thomas ranks 94th in home runs and 128th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Thomas carries a 10-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with four doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and seven RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has 27 doubles, four triples, a home run and 42 walks while batting .250.
- Among all major league hitters, Hernandez ranks 401st in home runs and 227th in RBI.
- Nelson Cruz has a team-high 64 runs batted in.
- Luke Voit paces the Nationals with 19 long balls.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price