Jesus Aguilar is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Baltimore Orioles (73-66) as they get set to take on the Boston Red Sox (68-72) on Sunday. The Orioles enter the matchup as -127 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Oriole Park at Camden Yards at 1:05 PM ET. Baltimore’s Kyle Bradish gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Rich Hill.
Table of Contents
Orioles vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Orioles vs. Red Sox
Our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +107 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+107) and Over (8.5)
Orioles vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Kyle Bradish
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Rich Hill
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Orioles Starter Kyle Bradish
- The Orioles will send Bradish (3-5) out to make his 19th start of the season. He is 3-5 with a 5.30 ERA and 87 strikeouts in 90 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, the righty threw 3 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 25-year-old has put up a 5.30 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 18 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .290 to his opponents.
- Bradish is trying to pick up his fifth quality start of the season.
- Bradish is looking to secure his 10th start of five or more innings this season in this game.
- The opposing Red Sox offense has a collective .260 batting average, and is second in the league with 1261 total hits and seventh in MLB play with 643 runs scored. It has the eighth-ranked slugging percentage (.412) and ranks 19th in home runs (133) in all of MLB.
- Head-to-head against the Red Sox this season, Bradish has thrown 13 1/3 innings, giving up 11 earned runs on 20 hits while striking out 10.
Red Sox Starter Rich Hill
- The Red Sox will send Hill (6-6) to the mound for his 22nd start this season.
- The left-hander gave up five earned runs in 4 2/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 42-year-old has an ERA of 4.79 and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .264 in 21 games this season.
- He has four quality starts in 21 chances this season.
- In 21 starts, Hill has pitched through or past the fifth inning nine times. He has a season average of 4.2 frames per outing.
- The Orioles have scored 583 runs this season, which ranks 19th in MLB. They have 1098 hits, 21st in baseball, with 147 home runs (15th in the league).
- The left-hander has allowed the Orioles to go 8-for-31 with a double, two triples, two home runs and six RBI in eight innings this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have won 15, or 71.4%, of the 21 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Baltimore has entered 14 games this season favored by -127 or more and is 10-4 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 55.9% chance of a victory for the Orioles.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 62 of their 140 opportunities.
- The Orioles are 90-50-0 against the spread in their 140 chances this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been underdogs in 69 games this season and have come away with the win 26 times (37.7%) in those contests.
- This season, Boston has been victorious 17 times in 48 chances when named as an underdog of at least +107 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 48.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 64 of their 140 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have posted a record of 72-68-0 against the spread this season.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Orioles best power option comes in the form of Anthony Santander and his 27-dinger 79-RBI season, both team highs.
- Santander’s home runs put him 17th in the majors, and he is 22nd in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins’ .265 batting average leads his team.
- Mullins ranks 103rd in homers in baseball, and 85th in RBI.
- Mullins carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a home run and four RBI.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .247 with 26 doubles, 21 home runs and 33 walks.
- Austin Hays is batting .245 with 30 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 27 walks.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox in home runs (26) and runs batted in (78).
- Among all batters in the majors, Devers is 23rd in home runs and 26th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has a club-high .318 batting average.
- Bogaerts is 114th among all hitters in the majors in home runs, and 52nd in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has 35 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 36 walks while hitting .287.
- Tommy Pham has 19 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 51 walks while hitting .247.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price