The San Diego Padres (78-66) are set to take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (68-75) Friday at 9:40 PM ET. The Padres are listed as -180 favorites by sportsbooks, while the underdog Diamondbacks have +153 odds for the contest. San Diego’s Blake Snell gets the start, and he’ll go against Arizona’s Madison Bumgarner.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +153 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+153) and Over (8.5)
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Blake Snell
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Madison Bumgarner
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
San Diego Padres vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Blake Snell
- The Padres will send Snell (6-9) to the mound for his 22nd start of the season. He is 6-9 with a 4.11 ERA and 139 strikeouts through 103 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s most recent time out was on Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.11, with 12.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 20 games this season. Opponents have a .240 batting average against him.
- Snell has eight quality starts under his belt this season.
- Snell has 14 starts this year in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He meets a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 13th in the league with 635 runs while batting .231 as a squad. It has a collective .390 slugging percentage (15th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 160 home runs (13th in MLB).
- Snell has pitched six innings, giving up one earned run on four hits while striking out 10 against the Diamondbacks this season.
Diamondbacks Starter Madison Bumgarner
- Bumgarner (6-14) will take to the mound for the Diamondbacks and make his 29th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 4.88 and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .285 in 28 games this season.
- He has started 28 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in five of them.
- Bumgarner will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Padres have scored 623 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They have 1161 hits, 16th in baseball, with 133 home runs (22nd in the league).
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Padres in four games, and they have gone 22-for-72 with three doubles, a triple and 10 RBI over 17 innings.
- The 33-year-old’s 4.88 ERA ranks 43rd, 1.476 WHIP ranks 46th, and 6.4 K/9 ranks 44th among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 102 times this season and won 57, or 55.9%, of those games.
- This season, San Diego has won 23 of its 35 games, or 65.7%, when favored by at least -180 on the moneyline.
- The Padres have a 64.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 145 games with a total.
- The Padres are 61-84-0 against the spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been underdogs in 110 games this season and have come away with the win 48 times (43.6%) in those contests.
- This season, Arizona has been victorious 12 times in 41 chances when named as an underdog of at least +153 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 39.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Arizona have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 69 of 148 chances this season.
- In 148 games with a line this season, the Diamondbacks have a mark of 85-63-0 against the spread.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado has put up a team-best batting average of .297, and paces the Padres in home runs (28) and runs batted in (90).
- In all of MLB, Machado is 16th in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Juan Soto is hitting .234 with 20 doubles, two triples, 24 home runs and 123 walks.
- Soto is 33rd in home runs and 106th in RBI on the year.
- Josh Bell has 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 72 walks while batting .275.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .238 with 32 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 69 walks.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker leads the Diamondbacks in home runs (32) and runs batted in (80).
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Walker’s home run total is 10th and his RBI tally is 24th.
- Daulton Varsho has 20 doubles, three triples, 25 home runs and 43 walks while batting .243.
- Varsho is 29th among all hitters in the majors in home runs, and 45th in RBI.
- Ketel Marte is hitting .244 with 38 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 51 walks.
- Josh Rojas leads the Diamondbacks with a .268 batting average.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price