Seeking their 50th win of the year, the San Diego Padres (49-37) are favorites (-122) on the moneyline when they take on the San Francisco Giants (42-41) Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. MacKenzie Gore will get the ball for San Diego while San Francisco counter with Alex Wood.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Giants
We have the Giants on the moneyline at +103 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+103) and Over (7.5)
Padres vs. Giants Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: MacKenzie Gore
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Wood
- Game Day: Sunday, July 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
San Diego Padres vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter MacKenzie Gore
- Gore (4-3 with a 3.18 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 65 innings pitched) makes the start for the Padres, his 13th of the season.
- The left-hander’s most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing five hits.
- In 13 games this season, the 23-year-old has amassed a 3.18 ERA and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .232 to opposing hitters.
- Gore has registered three quality starts this season.
- Gore will try to build on a three-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.0 frames per outing).
- He will face off against a Giants offense that is hitting .233 as a unit (24th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .390 (16th in MLB) with 96 total home runs (12th in MLB).
- In six innings over one appearance against the Giants this season, Gore has a 1.5 ERA and a 0.833 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .158.
Giants Starter Alex Wood
- Wood (5-7) will take the mound for the Giants, his 17th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 4.83 and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .276 in 16 games this season.
- He has started 16 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- Wood will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Padres have scored 378 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They have 697 hits, 13th in baseball, with 70 home runs (25th in the league).
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Padres in two games, and they have gone 13-for-34 with two doubles, a home run and seven RBI over 7 1/3 innings.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Padres have won 34 out of the 59 games, or 57.6%, in which they’ve been favored.
- San Diego has a record of 30-18 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -122 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 55% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 39 of their 87 opportunities.
- The Padres are 42-45-0 against the spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been victorious in seven, or 33.3%, of the 21 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, San Francisco has won six of 19 games when listed as at least +103 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 49.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco and their opponents have hit the over in 40 of their 84 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 83 games with a line this season, the Giants have a mark of 40-43-0 against the spread.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado leads the Padres in home runs (14), runs batted in (50) and has put up a team-best batting average of .311.
- Machado’s home runs place him 39th in MLB, and he is 23rd in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .237 with 21 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 36 walks.
- Cronenworth is 139th in home runs and 41st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Eric Hosmer has 14 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks while hitting .269.
- Hosmer will look to build on his three-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with an RBI.
- Ha-Seong Kim is hitting .236 with 13 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 31 walks.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has driven in the most runs for the Giants with 43 runs batted in.
- Flores ranks 81st in home runs and 46th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Joc Pederson has collected a team-high 17 home runs.
- Among all major league hitters, Pederson ranks 19th in homers and 56th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has a team-high batting average of .253.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 17 doubles, eight home runs and 35 walks while batting .228.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price