The Seattle Mariners (79-61) and Eugenio Suarez (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+100) on the moneyline for their matchup with the San Diego Padres (77-64) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. Yu Darvish gets the starting nod for San Diego while Logan Gilbert is Seattle’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Mariners
After taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +100. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+100) and Over (6.5)
Padres vs. Mariners Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Yu Darvish
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Logan Gilbert
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
San Diego Padres vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Yu Darvish
- Darvish (13-7 with a 3.31 ERA and 168 strikeouts in 168 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Padres, his 27th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Thursday, the righty threw six innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 36-year-old has a 3.31 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .212 to opposing batters.
- Darvish is trying to secure his fifth straight quality start in this outing.
- Darvish will look to build on a 25-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing).
- The opposing Mariners offense has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.389) and ranks eighth in MLB play with 169 home runs. It has a collective .230 batting average, and is 25th in MLB with 1070 total hits and 19th in MLB play scoring 589 runs.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 36-year-old ranks 25th in ERA (3.31), eighth in WHIP (.984), and 15th in K/9 (9.0).
Mariners Starter Logan Gilbert
- The Mariners will send Gilbert (12-5) to the mound for his 29th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he allowed five hits in six scoreless innings against the Chicago White Sox.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with an ERA of 3.23, a 3.595 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.200.
- He’s looking to extend his three-game quality start streak.
- Gilbert will look to pitch five or more innings for the sixth start in a row.
- The Padres have scored 620 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 133 home runs, 20th in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Padres in one game, and they have gone 6-for-23 with two doubles and an RBI over 5 1/3 innings.
- The 25-year-old’s 3.23 ERA ranks 21st, 1.200 WHIP ranks 33rd, and 8.4 K/9 ranks 26th among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Padres have won 57 out of the 101 games, or 56.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, San Diego has won 53 of its 90 games, or 58.9%, when favored by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 54.5% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- So far this season, San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 142 games with a total.
- The Padres are 60-82-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been victorious in 35, or 46.1%, of the 76 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Seattle has a mark of 28-32 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 50% chance of pulling out a win.
- Seattle and their opponents have hit the over in 65 of their 140 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mariners are 77-63-0 against the spread in their 140 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado’s 28 homers and 90 RBI both lead the Padres, on top of his team-high .301 average.
- Machado’s home runs place him 15th in MLB, and he is 10th in RBI.
- Juan Soto is batting .239 with 20 doubles, two triples, 24 home runs and 119 walks.
- Soto ranks 31st in home runs and 106th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Josh Bell has 28 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 71 walks while batting .277.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .240 with 32 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 69 walks.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez leads the Mariners with a .275 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Rodriguez ranks 27th in home runs and 42nd in RBI.
- Rodriguez carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .412 with two doubles, two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Ty France has a club-high .275 batting average.
- France is 62nd among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 38th in RBI.
- Suarez leads the Mariners in home runs (30) and runs batted in (82).
- J.P. Crawford has 23 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 52 walks while hitting .252.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price