The Colorado Rockies (46-60) hope to avoid their fifth straight defeat when they visit the San Diego Padres (60-46) Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Padres are listed as -330 favorites, while the Rockies are +260 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. San Diego’s Blake Snell and Colorado’s Chad Kuhl have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Rockies
We have the Rockies on the moneyline at +260 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+260) and Over (8)
Padres vs. Rockies Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Blake Snell
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Chad Kuhl
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
San Diego Padres vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Blake Snell
- Snell makes the start for the Padres, his 14th of the season. He is 3-5 with a 4.43 ERA and 78 strikeouts through 61 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance came on Saturday against the Minnesota Twins, when he went 6 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 29-year-old has a 4.43 ERA and 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings across 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .225 to opposing hitters.
- Snell is trying to record his fifth quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Snell will look to go five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.0 frames per outing.
- He will match up with a Rockies team that is batting .261 as a unit (second in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .405 (11th in MLB) with 95 total home runs (22nd in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Rockies this season, Snell has pitched 14 1/3 innings, giving up 11 earned runs on 15 hits while striking out 17.
Rockies Starter Chad Kuhl
- The Rockies will send Kuhl (6-6) to the mound for his 20th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs and allowed six hits in 3 2/3 innings pitched against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 4.59 ERA this season with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.9 walks per nine across 19 games.
- He has seven quality starts in 19 chances this season.
- In 19 starts this season, Kuhl has lasted five or more innings 11 times, with an average of 5.0 innings per appearance.
- The Padres rank 12th in MLB with 469 runs scored this season. They have a .242 batting average this campaign with 94 home runs (23rd in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Padres two times this season, allowing them to go 15-for-39 with two doubles, two home runs and eight RBI in nine innings.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Padres have won 43 out of the 76 games, or 56.6%, in which they’ve been favored.
- San Diego has not been a bigger favorite this season than the -330 moneyline set for this game.
- The Padres have a 76.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Diego and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 49 of their 107 opportunities.
- In 107 games with a spread this season, the Padres are 49-58-0 ATS.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with 33 wins in the 86 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Colorado has been listed as an underdog of +260 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 27.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in 50 of their 108 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rockies are 59-49-0 against the spread in their 108 games that had a posted line this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto leads the Padres with 21 home runs on the year. He’s also hitting .246 with 46 RBI.
- Among all batters in the majors, Soto ranks 17th in home runs and 70th in RBI.
- Josh Bell has a club-high .301 batting average.
- Bell is 55th in home runs and 27th in RBI in the bigs.
- Manny Machado is batting .288 with 21 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 43 walks.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .261 with 24 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 53 walks.
- Profar has recorded at least one hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .565 with three doubles, three home runs and seven RBI.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has managed a team-leading 22 home runs and has driven in 72 runs.
- In all of the big leagues, Cron ranks 15th in home runs and seventh in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .268 with 17 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 25 walks.
- Blackmon is 41st overall in homers and 21st in RBI this year.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .282 with 23 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 28 walks.
- Jose Iglesias paces the Rockies with a .313 batting average.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price