The San Diego Padres (54-43) are -161 favorites when they take on the Detroit Tigers (38-58) on Monday at 7:10 PM ET. Manny Machado has 99 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Comerica Park. San Diego’s Sean Manaea and Detroit’s Drew Hutchison have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Tigers
We have the Tigers on the moneyline at +138 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+138) and Over (8)
Padres vs. Tigers Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Sean Manaea
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Drew Hutchison
- Game Day: Monday, July 25, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
San Diego Padres vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Sean Manaea
- Manaea (5-4 with a 4.11 ERA and 100 strikeouts in 100 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Padres, his 18th of the season.
- The left-hander’s most recent time out came on Sunday, July 17 against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he went 6 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 30-year-old has put up a 4.11 ERA and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 17 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .229 to his opponents.
- Manaea is aiming for his third straight quality start.
- Manaea will try to continue a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.3 innings per outing).
- The opposing Tigers offense has the worst slugging percentage (.330) and is last in MLB play with 54 home runs. It has a collective .227 batting average, and is 27th in MLB with 713 total hits and last in MLB action scoring 300 runs.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 30-year-old ranks 47th in ERA (4.11), 38th in WHIP (1.232), and 19th in K/9 (8.9).
Tigers Starter Drew Hutchison
- The Tigers will send Hutchison (1-4) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in 5 2/3 innings pitched on Friday, July 15 in his last outing, a matchup with the Cleveland Guardians.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in 15 games this season with an ERA of 4.46 and 5.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .242.
- In five starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Hutchison has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Padres have scored 419 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They are batting .241 for the campaign with 80 home runs, 25th in the league.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Padres have won 37 out of the 67 games, or 55.2%, in which they’ve been favored.
- San Diego has a record of 19-9 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -161 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 61.7%.
- San Diego’s games have gone over the total in 44 of their 98 chances.
- The Padres are 45-53-0 ATS in their 98 games with a spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been victorious in 29, or 37.7%, of the 77 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Detroit has been victorious 12 times in 43 chances when named as an underdog of at least +138 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 42% chance of pulling out a win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in 36 of their 97 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers are 44-53-0 against the spread in their 97 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Machado’s 16 homers and 54 RBI both lead the Padres, in addition to his team-high .303 average.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Machado’s home run total ranks him 33rd, and his RBI tally ranks him 24th.
- Machado carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 21 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 49 walks while batting .238.
- Profar ranks 137th in home runs and 98th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Jake Cronenworth has 23 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 44 walks while hitting .239.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .274 with 16 doubles, seven home runs and 30 walks.
- Hosmer brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Javier Baez leads the Tigers in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (36).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Baez is 111th in homers and 114th in RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .209 with 15 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 12 walks.
- Schoop is 184th overall in home runs and 204th in RBI this season.
- Harold Castro is hitting .284 with 12 doubles, two triples, four home runs and nine walks.
- Miguel Cabrera paces the Tigers with a team-high batting average of .282.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price