The Detroit Tigers (39-58) and Jeimer Candelario (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+169) on the moneyline for their matchup with the San Diego Padres (54-44) on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET. San Diego’s Mike Clevinger and Detroit’s Garrett Hill have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +169 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+169) and Over (8.5)
Padres vs. Tigers Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Mike Clevinger
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Garrett Hill
- Game Day: Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
San Diego Padres vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Mike Clevinger
- Clevinger (2-3) takes the mound for the Padres in his 10th start of the season. He has a 3.50 ERA in 46 1/3 innings pitched, with 48 strikeouts.
- The righty’s most recent appearance came on Sunday, July 17 against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he threw 6 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 31-year-old has a 3.50 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings across 10 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .210 to his opponents.
- Clevinger has two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Clevinger is seeking his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.2 frames per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Tigers offense has a collective .228 batting average, and is 27th in the league with 726 total hits and last in MLB action with 312 runs scored. It has the worst slugging percentage (.334) and ranks last in home runs (58) in all of MLB.
Tigers Starter Garrett Hill
- Hill (1-2) will take to the mound for the Tigers and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed five hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Oakland Athletics on Thursday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 5.63, a 1.6 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.125.
- He has one quality starts in three chances this season.
- Hill has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Padres rank 16th in MLB with a .241 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 25th in the league (.375) and 81 home runs.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Padres have been favored 68 times and won 37, or 54.4%, of those games.
- San Diego has entered five games this season favored by -201 or more and is 3-2 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 66.8% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego and its opponents have hit the over in 45 of their 99 games with a total this season.
- In 99 games with a spread this season, the Padres are 45-54-0 ATS.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 78 games this season and have come away with the win 30 times (38.5%) in those contests.
- This season, Detroit has come away with a win four times in 18 chances when named as an underdog of at least +169 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 37.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in 37 of their 98 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers are 45-53-0 against the spread in their 98 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado is the bat to watch in the Padres lineup, leading the team in batting average (.299), home runs (16), and RBI (54).
- Of all hitters in baseball, Machado’s home run total places him 33rd, and his RBI tally ranks him 25th.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .242 with 21 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 50 walks.
- Profar ranks 113th in home runs and 88th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .236 with 23 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 45 walks.
- Eric Hosmer has 16 doubles, seven home runs and 30 walks while hitting .276.
- Hosmer brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Javier Baez has managed a team-leading nine home runs and has driven in 38 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Baez is 113th in home runs and 100th in RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop has 15 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 13 walks while hitting .207.
- Schoop is 186th in homers and 208th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Miguel Cabrera paces the Tigers with a team-high batting average of .284.
- Harold Castro has 12 doubles, two triples, four home runs and nine walks while batting .283.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price