The San Diego Padres (55-44) are -136 favorites for their Wednesday matchup with the Detroit Tigers (39-59). Yu Darvish gets the ball for the Padres and will look to earn his 10th win of the campaign. San Diego’s Darvish and Detroit’s Tarik Skubal have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Padres vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Padres vs. Tigers
We have the Tigers on the moneyline at +115 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+115) and Over (7.5)
Padres vs. Tigers Game Info
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Yu Darvish
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Tarik Skubal
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
San Diego Padres vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Padres Starter Yu Darvish
- Darvish tries for his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Padres, his 19th of the season. He is 9-4 with a 3.28 ERA and 109 strikeouts in 115 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Friday against the New York Mets, when he went 7 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 35-year-old has put up a 3.28 ERA and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings across 18 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .210 to opposing hitters.
- Darvish is looking to secure his fourth straight quality start in this matchup.
- Darvish will try to prolong a 17-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 frames per outing).
- He meets a Tigers offense that ranks last in the league with 316 runs while batting .229 as a unit. It has a collective .336 slugging percentage (30th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 59 home runs (30th in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 35-year-old ranks 29th in ERA (3.28), eighth in WHIP (.971), and 31st in K/9 (8.5).
Tigers Starter Tarik Skubal
- Skubal (7-8) will take the mound for the Tigers, his 20th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up no earned runs and allowed two hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Oakland Athletics on Thursday.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with an ERA of 3.71, a 4.111 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.163.
- In 19 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in nine of them.
- Skubal will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Padres have scored 429 runs this season, which ranks 15th in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 81 home runs, 25th in the league.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 25-year-old ranks 36th in ERA (3.71), 36th in WHIP (1.163), and 15th in K/9 (9.4).
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 69 times this season and won 38, or 55.1%, of those games.
- San Diego has a record of 27-19, a 58.7% win rate, when favored by -136 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 57.6% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego’s games have gone over the total in 46 of their 100 chances.
- The Padres are 46-54-0 against the spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been victorious in 30, or 38%, of the 79 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Detroit has come away with a win 21 times in 61 chances when named as an underdog of at least +115 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 46.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in 38 of their 99 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers have an against the spread record of 45-54-0 in 99 games with a line this season.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado has put up a team-best batting average of .301, and leads the Padres in home runs (16) and runs batted in (54).
- Including all MLB hitters, Machado ranks 14th in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage, and 14th in slugging.
- Jurickson Profar has 21 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 51 walks while batting .239.
- Profar ranks 113th in homers in the majors, and 90th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has 23 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 47 walks while hitting .235.
- Eric Hosmer has 16 doubles, seven home runs and 31 walks while hitting .274.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Javier Baez has driven in the most runs for the Tigers with 38 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Baez’s home run total is 113th and his RBI tally ranks 102nd.
- Baez carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera is batting .287 to lead the lineup.
- Cabrera is 248th in homers and 115th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Jeimer Candelario has 10 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Jonathan Schoop has 15 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 13 walks while batting .207.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price