Seeking their 47th win of the year, the Philadelphia Phillies (46-40) are favorites (-114) on the moneyline when they take on the St. Louis Cardinals (46-42) Monday at 7:15 PM ET. Philadelphia’s Aaron Nola gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Cardinals
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at -106. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (-106) and Over (7.5)
Phillies vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Aaron Nola
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- Game Day: Monday, July 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Philadelphia Phillies vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Aaron Nola
- Nola (5-6 with a 3.15 ERA and 120 strikeouts in 111 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Phillies, his 18th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander went 7 2/3 innings against the Washington Nationals, allowing three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.15, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opponents are hitting .213 against him.
- Nola is trying to pick up his 11th quality start of the year.
- Nola will look to extend a 16-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.2 frames per appearance).
- He meets a Cardinals offense that ranks 11th in the league with 394 runs while batting .249 as a unit. It has a collective .398 slugging percentage (13th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 91 home runs (15th in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 29-year-old’s 3.15 ERA ranks 22nd, .916 WHIP ranks sixth, and 9.7 K/9 ranks 11th.
Cardinals Starter Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas (5-7) will take to the mound for the Cardinals and make his 18th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 2.72 and 7 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .212 in 17 games this season.
- In 17 starts this season, he’s earned 11 quality starts.
- Mikolas has pitched five or more innings in 16 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Phillies rank fifth in MLB with 409 runs scored this season. They have a .247 batting average this campaign with 112 home runs (fifth in the league).
- The Phillies have gone 6-for-21 with a double, a home run and two RBI in 5 1/3 innings this season against the right-hander.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 33-year-old ranks 13th in ERA (2.72), 10th in WHIP (.991), and 51st in K/9 (7).
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have been favorites in 54 games this season and won 31 (57.4%) of those contests.
- Philadelphia is 29-23 this season when entering a game favored by -114 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Phillies, based on the moneyline, is 53.3%.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over in 45 of their 86 games with a total this season.
- The Phillies are 46-40-0 against the spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been victorious in 19, or 43.2%, of the 44 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- St. Louis has a mark of 18-24 in contests where bookmakers favor them by -106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 51.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- St. Louis and their opponents have gone over in 40 of their 89 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals are 46-42-0 against the spread in their 88 games that had a posted line this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies in home runs (28) and runs batted in (57).
- Among all batters in baseball, Schwarber’s home run total places him second, and his RBI tally puts him 10th.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .252 with 17 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 44 walks.
- Hoskins is 19th in homers in MLB, and 53rd in RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .251 with 18 doubles, eight home runs and 21 walks.
- J.T. Realmuto has 11 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 24 walks while batting .236.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Paul Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals with 19 home runs and 65 runs batted in, while recording a team-high batting average of .340.
- Goldschmidt ranks 13th in home runs and fourth in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .292 with 20 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 31 walks.
- Arenado is 19th among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 12th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman has 13 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 30 walks while batting .257.
- Brendan Donovan has 14 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 29 walks while hitting .285.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price