The Philadelphia Phillies (80-62) are -140 favorites for their Thursday matchup with the Miami Marlins (58-85). Noah Syndergaard gets the ball for the Phillies and will look to earn his 10th win of the campaign. Syndergaard takes the mound for Philadelphia while Pablo Lopez is Miami’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Phillies vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Phillies vs. Marlins
We have the Marlins on the moneyline at +119 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+119) and Over (7.5)
Phillies vs. Marlins Game Info
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Noah Syndergaard
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Pablo López
- Game Day: Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Phillies Starter Noah Syndergaard
- The Phillies will send Syndergaard (9-9) out to make his 23rd start of the season as he tries for his 10th win. He is 9-9 with a 4.09 ERA and 87 strikeouts through 121 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the righty went six innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 30-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.09, with 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in 22 games this season. Opponents are hitting .267 against him.
- Syndergaard is trying to pick up his 10th quality start of the year in this game.
- Syndergaard will try to collect his 18th matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance.
- The opposing Marlins offense has a collective .228 batting average, and is 25th in the league with 1087 total hits and 28th in MLB play with 508 runs scored. It has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.360) and ranks 25th in home runs (124) in all of MLB.
- Syndergaard has pitched 11 innings, giving up four earned runs on 11 hits while striking out 12 against the Marlins this season.
Marlins Starter Pablo López
- The Marlins will hand the ball to Lopez (8-10) for his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up eight earned runs and allowed 10 hits in 3 2/3 innings pitched against the New York Mets on Saturday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 4.04 ERA this season with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.9 walks per nine across 28 games.
- He has started 28 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 10 of them.
- Lopez has started 28 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 21 times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Phillies are batting .255 this season, eighth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .426 (fifth in the league) with 182 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Phillies one time this season, allowing them to go 4-for-19 with two doubles in 5 1/3 innings.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 26-year-old ranks 37th in ERA (4.04), 34th in WHIP (1.236), and 15th in K/9 (8.8).
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have won 57, or 60.6%, of the 94 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Philadelphia has a record of 40-21, a 65.6% win rate, when favored by -140 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 58.3% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- So far this season, Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over in 72 of their 142 games with a total.
- The Phillies are 74-68-0 against the spread in their 142 chances this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have won in 27, or 30.7%, of the 88 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Miami has a mark of 14-43 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +119 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Marlins have a 45.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 63 of their 143 opportunities.
- The Marlins are 65-78-0 against the spread in their 143 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rhys Hoskins has 27 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 66 walks while hitting .250.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hoskins ranks 79th in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging.
- Kyle Schwarber’s 37 home runs and 79 RBI both pace his team.
- Schwarber is second in home runs and 25th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- J.T. Realmuto has 23 doubles, five triples, 18 home runs and 40 walks while batting .273.
- Alec Bohm has a club-leading .289 batting average.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Miguel Rojas leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .235.
- Rojas ranks 246th in home runs and 231st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Rojas brings a hitting streak of three games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with .
- Garrett Cooper has totaled 48 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Cooper is 201st overall in homers and 135th in RBI this season.
- Jon Berti has 15 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 35 walks while hitting .250.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .260 with 23 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 14 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price