Table of Contents
MLB Odds and Predictions
The Pittsburgh Pirates (24-21) host the Texas Rangers (28-17) on Tuesday at 5:35 pm EST. Richard Hill will get the start for the Pirates vs. Nathan Eovaldi for the Rangers in today’s MLB game of the day with the first pitch at 5:35 pm EST at PNC Park. The Pirates are listed as 100 while the Rangers have -INF to win.
Pirates vs Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Pirates vs Rangers Game Info
- The Pirates probable starting pitcher: Richard Hill
- The Rangers probable starting pitcher: Nathan Eovaldi
- Game Day: May 23
- Game Time: 5:35 pm EST
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pirates vs Rangers Pitching Matchup
Pirates’ Starting Pitcher Richard Hill
Hill makes the start for the Pirates, his 5th of the season.
He is (0 – 1) with a 9.237 ERA and 9 strikeouts in 217 innings pitched.
In his most recent outing on December 31 against Twins
the Right handed went null,
allowing 7 earned runs while surrendering 11 hits.
- The 43-year-old has put up a 9.237 ERA, WHIP (1.7368) and 9 strikeouts across 4 games while allowing a batting average of [home_team_pitcher_batting_average] to opposing hitters.
- Hill enters this outing with 4 quality starts under his belt this year.
- He meets Rangers offense with 297 runs while batting .272 as a squad. They have a collective 0.456 slugging percentage and have hit a total of 63 so far this season they rank null in the National League as of today.
Rangers Starting Pitcher Nathan Eovaldi
- Rangers’ Eovaldi (1 – 0) will make his 5th start of the season.
Right’ last appearance was on December 31, when he threw
against the Twins , giving up 4 while allowing 7.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 2.348 ERA and 19 strikeouts to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.1739 in 4 games this season.
- Nathan Eovaldi has had 4 starts so far this season.
- Eovaldi will look for the 5th start in a row.
- The Rangers have scored 297 total runs in MLB. They are batting .272 for the season with 63 home runs and 287 RBIs in the league.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have come away with 37 wins in the 102 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Rangers and their opponents have hit the over in [away_team_hit_over] of their 45 games with a total set by the oddsmakers this season.
- The Rangers have posted a record of [away_team_record_against_spread] against the spread this season.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is leading the Pirates with 23 hits this season while batting .234 with 16 RBIs. He currently has 1 home runs and Walks with an 0.29 OBP this season.
- Travis Swaggerty is leading the team with 3 home runs while batting .379. In 6 games this season he has 9 hits and an 0.471 OBP this season.
- Leading the Pirates in runs batted is Travis Swaggerty with 10 in 6 games this season. He’s also batting .379 on the year with 9 hits and 3 home runs.
|Ji Hwan Bae||32||.254||0.311||0.336||2||12||21|
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Marcus Semien is leading the Rangers with 43 this season while batting .305 with 38 RBIs. He currently has 7 home runs and Walks with an 0.383 OBP this season.
- Bubba Thompson is leading the team with 1 home runs while batting .229. In 16 games this season he has 6 hits and an 0.288 OBP this season.
- Leading the Rangers in runs batted in this season is Bubba Thompson with 6 in 16 games this season. He’s also batting .229 on the year with 6 hits and 1 home runs.
|Josh H. Smith||46||.257||0.385||0.389||3||4||14|