Texas’ Martin Perez gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s Marco Gonzales.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Mariners
We have the Mariners on the moneyline at -110 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (-110) and Over (8.5)
Rangers vs. Mariners Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Martín Pérez
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Marco Gonzales
- Game Day: Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Martín Pérez
- Perez gets the start for the Rangers, his 18th of the season. He is 7-2 with a 2.72 ERA and 86 strikeouts in 106 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Minnesota Twins, when the left-hander tossed 6 2/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 31-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.72, with 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opponents are hitting .243 against him.
- Pérez has recorded 12 quality starts this year.
- Pérez will try to continue a 16-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 frames per appearance).
- The opposing Mariners offense has a collective .234 batting average, and is 24th in the league with 694 total hits and 24th in MLB play with 362 runs scored. It has the 16th-ranked slugging percentage (.388) and ranks 13th in home runs (98) in all of MLB.
- Pérez has a 3 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP against the Mariners this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .280 batting average over one appearance.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 31-year-old ranks 13th in ERA (2.72), 32nd in WHIP (1.170), and 46th in K/9 (7.3).
Mariners Starter Marco Gonzales
- The Mariners will send Gonzales (5-9) to the mound for his 18th start this season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Friday in his last outing, a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.24, a 1.531 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.314 in 17 games this season.
- He’s going for his sixth quality start in a row.
- Gonzales will look to pitch five or more innings for the sixth start in a row.
- The Rangers are batting .238 this season, 19th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .399 (14th in the league) with 114 home runs.
- The Rangers have gone 11-for-48 with four doubles, two home runs and five RBI in 11 2/3 innings this season against the left-hander.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 30-year-old ranks 26th in ERA (3.24), 48th in WHIP (1.314), and 61st in K/9 (4.7).
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have won 15, or 45.5%, of the 33 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Texas has won 15 of its 33 games, or 45.5%, when favored by at least -110 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 52.4%.
- Texas and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 40 of their 87 opportunities.
- The Rangers are 50-37-0 ATS in their 87 games with a spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been victorious in 24, or 44.4%, of the 54 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Seattle has come away with a win 24 times in 54 chances when named as an underdog of at least -110 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 52.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Seattle have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 42 of 89 chances this season.
- The Mariners have posted a record of 47-42-0 against the spread this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager has collected a team-high 21 home runs.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Seager’s home run total ranks him 10th, and his RBI tally ranks him 32nd.
- Seager carries a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .395 with six home runs, seven walks and 12 RBI.
- Marcus Semien has 15 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .235.
- Of all MLB hitters, Semien is 57th in home runs and 60th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has put up a team-high 51 runs batted in.
- Nate Lowe’s .277 batting average leads his team.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Julio Rodriguez is batting .277 with 17 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 25 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .336.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Rodriguez ranks 33rd in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Rodriguez brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Ty France has a club-best .302 batting average.
- France ranks 87th in home runs and 44th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- J.P. Crawford has 16 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 32 walks while hitting .266.
- Eugenio Suarez paces the Mariners in home runs (16) and runs batted in (47).
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price