The Baltimore Orioles (38-44) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the Texas Rangers (37-42) Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the Rangers to be -115 favorites, while the Orioles are -104 underdogs to keep their streak alive. Texas’ Glenn Otto gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Spenser Watkins.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Orioles
After analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at -104. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (-104) and Over (9.5)
Rangers vs. Orioles Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Glenn Otto
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Spenser Watkins
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Texas Rangers vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Glenn Otto
- Otto makes the start for the Rangers, his 11th of the season. He is 4-4 with a 5.63 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 46 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Friday against the New York Mets, when the righty threw 4 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 5.63, with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .251 against him.
- Otto has two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Otto has pitched five or more innings in a game six times this season heading into this outing.
- He will face an Orioles offense that ranks 20th in the league with 339 runs while batting .230 as a squad. It has a collective .385 slugging percentage (18th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 86 home runs (16th in MLB).
Orioles Starter Spenser Watkins
- Watkins (1-1) will take to the mound for the Orioles and make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Minnesota Twins on Saturday.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.61 and 5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .272 in 10 games this season.
- He has one quality starts in 10 chances this season.
- Watkins will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Rangers have scored 351 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They are batting .238 for the campaign with 105 home runs, seventh in the league.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been favorites in 27 games this season and won 12 (44.4%) of those contests.
- Texas is 11-13 this season when entering a game favored by -115 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 53.5%.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 35 of their 80 chances.
- The Rangers are 46-34-0 against the spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in 75 games this year and have walked away with the win 33 times (44%) in those games.
- Baltimore has a mark of 31-39 in contests where bookmakers favor them by -104 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 51% chance of walking away with the win.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in 36 of their 83 opportunities.
- The Orioles are 53-30-0 against the spread in their 83 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager leads the Rangers with 16 home runs on the year. He’s also hitting .236 with 39 RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Seager ranks 23rd in homers and 58th in RBI.
- Seager carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has racked up 51 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Garcia is 29th in home runs in MLB, and 17th in RBI.
- Marcus Semien is batting .241 with 13 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 25 walks.
- Semien is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .364 with two home runs and three RBI.
- Nate Lowe has a club-best .282 batting average.
- Lowe takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins is hitting .266 with 22 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 24 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .326.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Mullins’ home run total ranks 129th and his RBI tally is 81st.
- Mullins carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .412 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Austin Hays has driven in the most runs for the Orioles with 45 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hays ranks 62nd in homers and 29th in RBI.
- Anthony Santander has 15 home runs, best in the lineup.
- Ryan Mountcastle has 18 doubles, 14 home runs and 15 walks while batting .273.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price