Marcus Semien is on the brink of his 99th hit of the season for the Texas Rangers (46-56) as they get set to take on the Baltimore Orioles (52-51) on Tuesday. The Rangers enter the matchup as -124 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Globe Life Field at 8:05 PM ET. Spencer Howard takes the mound for Texas while Jordan Lyles is Baltimore’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Orioles
We have the Orioles on the moneyline at +105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+105) and Over (8.5)
Rangers vs. Orioles Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Spencer Howard
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Jordan Lyles
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Spencer Howard
- Howard gets the start for the Rangers, his seventh of the season. He is 2-2 with a 5.93 ERA and 26 strikeouts through 30 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Friday against the Los Angeles Angels, when the right-hander went 5 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- The 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.93, with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in eight games this season. Opponents are batting .286 against him.
- Howard has not registered a quality start so far this season.
- Howard is trying to record his fourth start of five or more innings this year in this matchup.
- He will face an Orioles squad that is batting .234 as a unit (24th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .385 (17th in MLB) with 105 total home runs (15th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Orioles this season, Howard has thrown four innings, giving up four earned runs on six hits while striking out two.
Orioles Starter Jordan Lyles
- The Orioles’ Lyles (7-8) will make his 22nd start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he allowed three hits in 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 4.64 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .277 in 21 games this season.
- In 21 starts this season, he’s earned eight quality starts.
- Lyles will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Rangers rank 14th in MLB with 462 runs scored this season. They have a .239 batting average this campaign with 128 home runs (eighth in the league).
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 31-year-old’s 4.64 ERA ranks 59th, 1.437 WHIP ranks 61st, and 7.4 K/9 ranks 46th.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rangers have won 17 out of the 40 games, or 42.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Texas is 14-12 this season when entering a game favored by -124 or more on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have a 55.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 49 of their 103 chances.
- The Rangers are 58-45-0 ATS in their 103 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been underdogs in 91 games this season and have come away with the win 43 times (47.3%) in those contests.
- This year, Baltimore has won 35 of 77 games when listed as at least +105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 48.8% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in 47 of their 104 opportunities.
- The Orioles are 69-35-0 against the spread in their 104 games that had a posted line this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager has put up a team-high 24 home runs.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Seager’s home run total places him eighth, and his RBI tally ranks him 31st.
- Seager has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Semien is batting .239 with 19 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 34 walks.
- Semien ranks 54th in home runs and 55th in RBI in the majors.
- Adolis Garcia has a team-high 63 runs batted in.
- Nate Lowe’s .280 batting average leads his team.
- Lowe takes an eight-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last 10 games he is hitting .350 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs and five RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins paces the Orioles with a team-leading batting average of .259.
- Mullins is 126th in homers and 76th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Anthony Santander has hit 19 home runs with 57 runs batted in, leading the team in both categories.
- Santander is currently 26th in homers and 24th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Austin Hays is hitting .258 with 24 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 23 walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .251 with 22 doubles, 14 home runs and 20 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price