Led by Corey Seager (two-game homer streak), the Texas Rangers (39-43) are favorites versus the Minnesota Twins (47-40) Sunday at 2:35 PM ET. Sportsbooks have named the Rangers as -119 favorites for the game. Texas’ Dane Dunning and Minnesota’s Dylan Bundy have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Rangers vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rangers vs. Twins
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at +101. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (+101) and Over (8.5)
Rangers vs. Twins Game Info
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Dane Dunning
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Dylan Bundy
- Game Day: Sunday, July 10, 2022
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Texas Rangers vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Rangers Starter Dane Dunning
- The Rangers will send Dunning (1-6) out for his 18th start of the season. He is 1-6 with a 4.15 ERA and 82 strikeouts through 93 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Monday against the Baltimore Orioles, the right-hander went 5 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.15, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opponents are hitting .256 against him.
- Dunning is looking to pick up his eighth quality start of the season.
- Dunning will aim to last five or more innings for his fourth straight start. He’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing.
- The opposing Twins offense has a collective .253 batting average, and is fourth in the league with 743 total hits and sixth in MLB action with 398 runs scored. It has the sixth-ranked slugging percentage (.423) and ranks sixth in home runs (109) in all of MLB.
- This season, the 27-year-old ranks 49th in ERA (4.15), 52nd in WHIP (1.339), and 36th in K/9 (7.9) among qualifying pitchers.
Twins Starter Dylan Bundy
- The Twins will send Bundy (4-4) to the mound for his 15th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 14 games this season with an ERA of 4.50, a 3.786 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.257.
- In 14 starts this season, he’s earned two quality starts.
- Bundy has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Rangers rank 15th in MLB with 367 runs scored this season. They have a .239 batting average this campaign with 109 home runs (sixth in the league).
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been favorites in 29 games this season and won 13 (44.8%) of those contests.
- Texas has entered 22 games this season favored by -119 or more and is 11-11 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 54.3%.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 37 of their 83 chances.
- In 83 games with a spread this season, the Rangers are 48-35-0 ATS.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been chosen as underdogs in 34 games this year and have walked away with the win 14 times (41.2%) in those games.
- Minnesota has a win-loss record of 10-18 when favored by +101 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Twins have an implied victory probability of 49.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 40 of their 88 opportunities.
- The Twins are 41-47-0 against the spread in their 88 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seager’s 18 dingers in 2022 are the most on the Rangers. He’s also knocked in 43 runs while hitting .241.
- Seager is 17th in home runs and 45th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Seager carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .474 with three home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Marcus Semien is batting .238 with 13 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 26 walks.
- Semien is 63rd in homers in MLB, and 68th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has a team-high 51 runs batted in.
- Nate Lowe is batting .281 to pace his team.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a .355 batting average.
- Arraez’s home run total puts him 230th in the big leagues, and he ranks 146th in RBI.
- Arraez has collected a hit in nine games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .415 with six doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .241 with 11 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 40 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Kepler is 96th in homers and 76th in RBI.
- Byron Buxton has 22 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Jorge Polanco has driven in the most runs for the Twins with 44 runs batted in.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price