The Baltimore Orioles (45-45) and Ramon Urias (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+103) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays (50-40) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. Ryan Yarbrough will get the ball for Tampa Bay while Baltimore counter with Dean Kremer.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Orioles
We have the Orioles on the moneyline at +103 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+103) and Over (7.5)
Rays vs. Orioles Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Ryan Yarbrough
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Dean Kremer
- Game Day: Saturday, July 16, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Tampa Bay Rays vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Ryan Yarbrough
- Yarbrough makes his first start of the season for the Rays.
- It’s the season debut and his first appearance in more than a year for the 30-year-old southpaw.
- The Orioles have totaled 375 runs this season (23rd in MLB) and are batting .232 collectively with 92 home runs (16th in the league).
Orioles Starter Dean Kremer
- Kremer (3-1) will take the mound for the Orioles, his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Angels while allowing two hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.15 and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .252 in seven games this season.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned two quality starts.
- Kremer has started seven games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings five times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Rays are batting .239 this season, 18th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .380 (23rd in the league) with 82 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Rays to go 5-for-20 in six innings this season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have won 37, or 60.7%, of the 61 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Tampa Bay has entered 56 games this season favored by -122 or more and is 35-21 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- So far this season, Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 43 of their 90 games with a total.
- The Rays have an ATS record of 41-49-0 in 90 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have come away with 38 wins in the 81 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Baltimore has a mark of 33-38 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +103 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 49.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 39 of their 91 opportunities.
- The Orioles are 60-31-0 against the spread in their 91 games that had a posted line this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with a .299 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Diaz’s home run total ranks him 260th, and his RBI tally puts him 168th.
- Randy Arozarena’s 40 runs batted in lead his team.
- Arozarena ranks 87th in homers and 74th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .329 with 16 doubles, four home runs and 16 walks.
- Ji-Man Choi’s 40 runs batted in lead his team.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Cedric Mullins is hitting .263 with 23 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 26 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .322.
- Mullins is 148th in homers and 95th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Mullins has collected a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with a walk.
- Austin Hays is hitting .267 with 22 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 20 walks.
- Hays is 72nd in home runs and 51st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Anthony Santander has been a significant run producer for the Orioles with 15 home runs and 46 runs batted in.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .268 with 21 doubles, 14 home runs and 17 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price