The Tampa Bay Rays (52-43) will meet the Baltimore Orioles (47-48) on Monday at 7:05 PM ET. Cedric Mullins will be looking for his 99th hit of the season for the underdog Orioles (+113) when the game gets underway at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Tampa Bay’s Corey Kluber gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Austin Voth.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Orioles
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +113. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+113) and Over (9)
Rays vs. Orioles Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Corey Kluber
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Austin Voth
- Game Day: Monday, July 25, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Tampa Bay Rays vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Corey Kluber
- Kluber (6-5 with a 3.73 ERA and 82 strikeouts in 94 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rays, his 19th of the season.
- In his last time out on Sunday, July 17 against the Baltimore Orioles, the right-hander tossed six innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In 18 games this season, the 36-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.73, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .250 against him.
- Kluber heads into this game with nine quality starts under his belt this season.
- Kluber will aim to last five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing.
- He meets an Orioles offense that ranks 22nd in the league with 398 runs while batting .233 as a unit. It has a collective .387 slugging percentage (18th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 97 home runs (16th in MLB).
- In 19 2/3 innings over four appearances against the Orioles this season, Kluber has a 3.66 ERA and a 1.424 WHIP while his opponents are batting .260.
Orioles Starter Austin Voth
- The Orioles will hand the ball to Voth (1-1) for his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Saturday, July 16, when he threw 2 1/3 scoreless innings while allowing one hit to the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 30-year-old has pitched to a 6.38 ERA this season with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.8 walks per nine across 28 games.
- Voth has not earned a quality start in five starts this season.
- In five starts, Voth has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 1.2 frames per outing.
- The Rays rank 17th in MLB with a .239 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 22nd in the league (.381) and 87 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Rays to go 4-for-18 with two doubles in five innings this season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rays have been favored 65 times and won 39, or 60%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay is 27-17 this season when entering a game favored by -134 or more on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 57.3% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Games involving Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 46 of 95 chances this season.
- The Rays are 43-52-0 against the spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have won in 40, or 46.5%, of the 86 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Baltimore has won 31 of 65 games when listed as at least +113 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 46.9% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 43 of their 96 opportunities.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 63-33-0 against the spread this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Rays best hitter thus far this season is Yandy Diaz, who’s hitting at a team-leading .295 clip along with four homers and 30 RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Diaz ranks 250th in home runs and 164th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 44 runs batted in.
- Arozarena is 69th in homers and 66th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Ji-Man Choi is hitting .271 with 16 doubles, seven home runs and 39 walks.
- Isaac Paredes has hit 13 home runs to lead his team.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mullins has 23 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 29 walks while batting .262.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Mullins’ home run total ranks 158th and his RBI tally ranks 85th.
- Mullins carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with three walks and three RBI.
- Austin Hays is hitting .264 with 23 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 21 walks.
- Hays ranks 69th overall in home runs and 55th in RBI this year.
- Anthony Santander paces the Orioles in home runs (16) and runs batted in (49).
- Ryan Mountcastle has 21 doubles, 14 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .259.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price