The Tampa Bay Rays (52-42) visit the Kansas City Royals (37-57) Sunday to close out a three-game series. The Rays are favored (-146) to win the rubber match, which starts at 2:10 PM ET from Kauffman Stadium. Jeffrey Springs takes the mound for Tampa Bay while Kris Bubic is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at +124 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+124) and Over (9)
Rays vs. Royals Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Jeffrey Springs
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Kris Bubic
- Game Day: Sunday, July 24, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Tampa Bay Rays vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Jeffrey Springs
- Springs will start for the Rays, his first of the season.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 29-year-old southpaw, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Royals have totaled 368 runs this season (25th in MLB) and are batting .246 collectively with 78 home runs (26th in the league).
Royals Starter Kris Bubic
- Bubic (1-6) will take to the mound for the Royals and make his 15th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 7 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up no earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 6.02 and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .293 in 15 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start two times in 14 starts this season.
- Bubic has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Rays have scored 398 runs this season, which ranks 21st in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 86 home runs, 23rd in the league.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have entered the game as favorites 64 times this season and won 39, or 60.9%, of those games.
- This season, Tampa Bay has won 21 of its 34 games, or 61.8%, when favored by at least -146 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.3% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 46 of their 94 opportunities.
- The Rays are 43-51-0 ATS in their 94 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have won in 29, or 37.2%, of the 78 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Kansas City has a win-loss record of 15-30 when favored by +124 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 44.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 46 of their 97 opportunities.
- The Royals have posted a record of 44-53-0 against the spread this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with a .292 batting average.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Diaz is 272nd in homers and 168th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena’s 44 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Of all major league hitters, Arozarena ranks 68th in home runs and 64th in RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi has 16 doubles, seven home runs and 39 walks while hitting .271.
- Isaac Paredes’ 13 home runs are a team-high mark.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bobby Witt Jr. paces the Royals with 14 long balls and runs batted in, driving in 50.
- In all of the big leagues, Witt Jr. is 48th in homers and 38th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. brings a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .318 to lead the lineup.
- Benintendi ranks 272nd in homers and 85th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Whit Merrifield has 19 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 28 walks while batting .237.
- Hunter Dozier has 19 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 24 walks while batting .266.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||90||.253||.296||.455||14||50||89|
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price