The Tampa Bay Rays (78-59) and the New York Yankees (84-56) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET. The Rays are -120 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Yankees (+100). Luis Patino takes the mound for Tampa Bay while Domingo German is New York’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Rays vs. Yankees Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rays vs. Yankees
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Yankees on the moneyline at +100.
Our computer pick: New York Yankees (+100)
Rays vs. Yankees Game Info
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Luis Patiño
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Domingo Germán
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Tampa Bay Rays vs New York Yankees Pitching Matchup
Rays Starter Luis Patiño
- Patino (1-1) takes the mound for the Rays in his sixth start of the season. He’s put together a 4.34 ERA in 18 2/3 innings pitched, with 11 strikeouts.
- His last appearance was on Monday against the Boston Red Sox, when the righty tossed five innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 22-year-old has an ERA of 4.34, with 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are batting .280 against him.
- Patiño is yet to record a quality start so far this season.
- Patiño will look to extend a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 3.2 innings per outing).
- He meets a Yankees offense that ranks third in the league with 687 runs while batting .239 as a unit. It has a collective .422 slugging percentage (sixth in MLB play) and has hit a total of 217 home runs (first in MLB).
Yankees Starter Domingo Germán
- The Yankees will send German (2-3) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw six innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.27, a 3.167 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.145 in 10 games this season.
- He’s looking to extend his four-game quality start streak.
- Germán has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Rays have scored 582 runs this season, which ranks 20th in MLB. They are batting .242 for the campaign with 122 home runs, 24th in the league.
- The right-hander has allowed the Rays to go 11-for-44 with three doubles, a home run and five RBI in 11 1/3 innings this season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have been favorites in 95 games this season and won 60 (63.2%) of those contests.
- This season, Tampa Bay has won 56 of its 87 games, or 64.4%, when favored by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The Rays have a 54.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 63 of their 137 games with a total.
- The Rays are 66-71-0 ATS in their 137 games with a spread this season.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been underdogs in 15 games this season and have come away with the win six times (40%) in those contests.
- This season, New York has been victorious five times in 11 chances when named as an underdog of at least +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Yankees have a 50% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with New York have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 68 of 144 chances this season.
- The Yankees have an against the spread record of 63-81-0 in 144 games with a line this season.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yandy Diaz has racked up a team-best batting average of .293.
- Among all MLB hitters, Diaz is 16th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and 67th in slugging.
- Diaz has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .385 with a double and three walks.
- Randy Arozarena has shown off his power as he leads his team with 19 home runs and 76 RBI.
- Arozarena ranks 52nd in home runs and 30th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .319 with 20 doubles, five home runs and 18 walks.
- David Peralta is hitting .253 with 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees in home runs (55), runs batted in (120) and has a team-high batting average of .307.
- Judge’s home run total places him first in MLB, and he is first in RBI.
- Judge brings a hitting streak of three games into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .471 with a double, a home run, seven walks and three RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .238 with 22 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 32 walks.
- Torres ranks 52nd among all batters in MLB in home runs, and 90th in RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .271 with 19 doubles, three home runs and 27 walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton is hitting .216 with six doubles, 25 home runs and 40 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price