Alex Verdugo will look to extend his 12-game hitting streak when the Boston Red Sox (43-35) take on the Chicago Cubs (32-46). The Red Sox are listed as -125 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 2:20 PM ET on Sunday, live from Wrigley Field. Boston has not named a starter for this contest, while Chicago is projected to send Keegan Thompson to the mound.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Cubs
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +105. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+105) and Over (8.5)
Red Sox vs. Cubs Game Info
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Keegan Thompson
- Game Day: Sunday, July 3, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Starter Keegan Thompson
- The Cubs will send Thompson to the mound for his first start this season.
- The 27-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Red Sox have scored 370 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB. They are batting .260 for the campaign with 74 home runs, 19th in the league.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Red Sox have been favored 46 times and won 29, or 63%, of those games.
- Boston is 23-16 this season when entering a game favored by -125 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 55.6% chance to win.
- So far this season, Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 31 of their 78 games with a total.
- The Red Sox are 43-35-0 against the spread this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been chosen as underdogs in 54 games this year and have walked away with the win 22 times (40.7%) in those games.
- Chicago has a win-loss record of 19-27 when favored by +105 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 48.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 40 of their 78 opportunities.
- The Cubs have posted a record of 40-38-0 against the spread this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 17 home runs and has put up a team-high batting average of .325.
- Including all MLB batters, Devers ranks third in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging.
- Devers takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .190 with two doubles and two walks.
- Xander Bogaerts has 21 doubles, six home runs and 30 walks while hitting .321.
- Bogaerts ranks 150th in home runs in the majors, and 113th in RBI.
- Verdugo has 17 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks while batting .265.
- Verdugo is on a 12-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .375 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and 10 RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .307 with 24 doubles, eight home runs and 28 walks.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willson Contreras is batting .280 with 17 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 34 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .398.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Contreras’ home run total ranks 37th and his RBI tally is 79th.
- Ian Happ’s .285 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Happ ranks 97th overall in home runs and 64th in RBI this season.
- Patrick Wisdom has been a significant run producer for the Cubs with 16 home runs and 44 runs batted in.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .312 with seven doubles, three triples, four home runs and 10 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price