Alex Verdugo (14 games) and Yandy Diaz (10 games) will look to add one more to their lengthy hitting streaks when the Boston Red Sox (45-36) and Tampa Bay Rays (44-37) meet Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET, live from Fenway Park. Verdugo and the Red Sox are favored with -135 odds on the moneyline. Brayan Bello will get the ball for Boston while Tampa Bay counter with Corey Kluber.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. Rays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Rays
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Rays on the moneyline at +114. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Tampa Bay Rays (+114) and Under (9)
Red Sox vs. Rays Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Brayan Bello
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Corey Kluber
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Brayan Bello
- Bello starts for the first time this season for the Red Sox.
- The righty is pitching in his MLB debut at 23 years old.
- The Rays have totaled 333 runs this season (22nd in MLB) and are batting .237 collectively with 76 home runs (22nd in the league).
Rays Starter Corey Kluber
- Kluber (3-5) will take to the mound for the Rays and make his 16th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 3 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 36-year-old has pitched in 15 games this season with an ERA of 3.91 and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .256.
- He has started 15 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in seven of them.
- Kluber has started 15 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 11 times. He averages 5.0 innings per appearance.
- The Red Sox are batting .262 this season, first in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .415 (eighth in the league) with 77 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Red Sox to go 11-for-24 with a double, a home run and four RBI in five innings this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Red Sox have won 30 out of the 48 games, or 62.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Boston has entered 30 games this season favored by -135 or more and is 17-13 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Red Sox, based on the moneyline, is 57.4%.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 32 of their 81 chances.
- In 81 games with a spread this season, the Red Sox are 45-36-0 ATS.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have been victorious in 11, or 40.7%, of the 27 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Tampa Bay has a win-loss record of 3-8 when favored by +114 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 46.7% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 39 of their 81 opportunities.
- The Rays have posted a record of 37-44-0 against the spread this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers’ .327 average and 17 homers both put him atop the Red Sox leaderboard this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Devers ranks 16th in home runs and 26th in RBI.
- Devers carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .261 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has 21 doubles, seven home runs and 32 walks while hitting .318.
- Bogaerts is 129th in home runs and 89th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Verdugo has 17 doubles, six home runs and 20 walks while hitting .264.
- Verdugo is on a 14-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .366 with three doubles, two home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .312 with 26 doubles, eight home runs and 28 walks.
- Martinez takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with two doubles and an RBI.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Diaz paces the Rays with a team-leading batting average of .290.
- Diaz’s home run total places him 252nd in MLB, and he is 236th in RBI.
- Diaz carries a 10-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .474 with six doubles, seven walks and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 36 runs batted in.
- Arozarena is 104th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 74th in RBI.
- Wander Franco has 12 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 15 walks while batting .257.
- Harold Ramirez has 12 doubles, four home runs and 14 walks while hitting .314.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price