The Boston Red Sox (53-54) will meet the Kansas City Royals (42-64) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. J.D. Martinez will be looking for his 100th hit of the season for the favored Red Sox (-114) when the game gets underway at Kauffman Stadium. Boston’s Josh Winckowski gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Zack Greinke.
Table of Contents
Red Sox vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at -106 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (-106) and Over (9)
Red Sox vs. Royals Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Josh Winckowski
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Zack Greinke
- Game Day: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Boston Red Sox vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Josh Winckowski
- Winckowski gets the start for the Red Sox, his 10th of the season. He is 4-5 with a 5.00 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 45 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Sunday, the right-hander went five innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, allowing two earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has put up a 5.00 ERA and 5.6 strikeouts per nine innings across nine games this season, while giving up a batting average of .294 to his opponents.
- Winckowski is looking to pick up his fourth quality start of the year in this game.
- Winckowski has put up seven starts this campaign in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will face a Royals offense that ranks 27th in the league with 406 runs while batting .245 as a unit. It has a collective .378 slugging percentage (25th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 87 home runs (27th in MLB).
Royals Starter Zack Greinke
- The Royals’ Greinke (3-6) will make his 18th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed five hits in five innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Sunday.
- The 38-year-old has pitched in 17 games this season with an ERA of 4.41 and 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .276.
- He has started 17 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in four of them.
- Greinke has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Red Sox rank sixth in MLB with a .252 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 11th in the league (.406) and 103 home runs.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Red Sox have been favored 54 times and won 31, or 57.4%, of those games.
- Boston is 28-22 this season when entering a game favored by -114 or more on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 53.3% chance to win.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 47 of their 107 opportunities.
- The Red Sox are 55-52-0 against the spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been victorious in 33, or 37.9%, of the 87 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Kansas City has won 32 of 86 games when listed as at least -106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Royals have a 51.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Kansas City and their opponents have gone over in 51 of their 109 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Royals have posted a record of 50-59-0 against the spread this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers has accumulated a team-high batting average of .322, and leads the Red Sox in home runs (23) and runs batted in (59).
- In all of the majors, Devers ranks 15th in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has 28 doubles, nine home runs and 41 walks while hitting .309.
- Among all major league hitters, Bogaerts ranks 136th in home runs and 74th in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .264 with 22 doubles, six home runs and 22 walks.
- Martinez is batting .281 with 32 doubles, nine home runs and 32 walks.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bobby Witt Jr. paces the Royals in home runs (15), runs batted in (53) and has put up a team-high batting average of .257.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Witt Jr. ranks 47th in homers and 44th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a home run and two RBI.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .248 with 20 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 27 walks.
- Dozier ranks 111th among all hitters in MLB in home runs, and 152nd in RBI.
- Nicky Lopez is batting .249 with 11 doubles, two triples and 23 walks.
- Salvador Perez has swatted a team- leading 15 long balls.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||96||.257||.300||.456||15||53||96|
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price