A losing streak will come to an end Monday when the Cincinnati Reds (56-82), losers of two straight, take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (51-88). The Pirates are hoping to avoid their second loss in a row. The Reds are -146 favorites to snap out of their slide when the teams hit the field at Great American Ball Park, with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET. Cincinnati’s Mike Minor gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Bryse Wilson.
Table of Contents
Reds vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Reds vs. Pirates
We have the Pirates on the moneyline at +124 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+124) and Over (9.5)
Reds vs. Pirates Game Info
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Mike Minor
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Bryse Wilson
- Game Day: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Reds Starter Mike Minor
- Minor gets the start for the Reds, his 18th of the season. He is 4-10 with a 5.70 ERA and 70 strikeouts in 90 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing 10 hits.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 5.70, with 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opponents are batting .293 against him.
- Minor is looking to pick up his third quality start of the year.
- Minor has 12 starts this year in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will match up with a Pirates offense that ranks 29th in MLB with 1012 total hits (on a .222 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .363 (27th in MLB) with 137 total home runs (19th in MLB).
- Minor has thrown 12 innings, giving up nine earned runs on 14 hits while striking out nine against the Pirates this season.
Pirates Starter Bryse Wilson
- Wilson (2-8) will take the mound for the Pirates, his 17th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came in relief on Wednesday when he threw six innings out of the bullpen against the New York Mets, giving up four earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in 20 games this season with an ERA of 6.11, a 2.636 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.494.
- He has earned a quality start four times in 16 starts this season.
- Wilson has made 10 starts of five or more innings in 16 chances this season, and averages 4.1 frames when he pitches.
- The Reds have scored 594 runs this season, which ranks 18th in MLB. They have 1114 hits, 19th in baseball, with 139 home runs (17th in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Reds in two games, and they have gone 12-for-53 with a double, three home runs and four RBI over 13 2/3 innings.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds have entered the game as favorites 30 times this season and won 12, or 40%, of those games.
- This season, Cincinnati has won three of its four games when favored by at least -146 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 59.3% chance to win.
- Cincinnati’s games have gone over the total in 70 of their 140 chances.
- The Reds are 67-73-0 against the spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have come away with 42 wins in the 121 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Pittsburgh has won 33 of 100 games when listed as at least +124 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 44.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 63 of their 140 opportunities.
- The Pirates have an against the spread record of 69-71-0 in 140 games with a line this season.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Kyle Farmer leads the Reds in runs batted in (64) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .263.
- Among all MLB hitters, Farmer is 62nd in batting average, 75th in on-base percentage, and 109th in slugging.
- Jonathan India is batting .262 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 22 walks.
- Nick Senzel has 12 doubles, four home runs and 27 walks while hitting .236.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .253 with eight doubles, 10 home runs and 20 walks.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with 21 home runs and 51 runs batted in, while recording a team-high batting average of .254.
- Reynolds is 42nd in home runs and 113th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .242 with 20 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 43 walks.
- Hayes is currently 243rd in homers and 203rd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Ben Gamel has 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 39 walks while hitting .233.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .234 with 14 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 16 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price