The Colorado Rockies (37-48), led by Kris Bryant on a two-game home run streak, are -115 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Arizona Diamondbacks (38-47). First pitch is set for 4:10 PM ET Sunday, live from Chase Field. German Marquez will get the ball for Colorado while Arizona counter with Tyler Gilbert.
Table of Contents
Rockies vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Rockies vs. Diamondbacks
Our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at -104 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (-104) and Over (9)
Rockies vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Germán Márquez
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Tyler Gilbert
- Game Day: Sunday, July 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Rockies Starter Germán Márquez
- Marquez gets the start for the Rockies, his 17th of the season. He is 4-7 with a 5.90 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 90 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the right-hander went 6 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In 16 games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.90, with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .287 against him.
- Marquez is trying to secure his seventh quality start of the season in this outing.
- Marquez is looking to pick up his 14th start of five or more innings this year in this matchup.
- He will face a Diamondbacks offense that ranks 28th in MLB with 619 total hits (on a .222 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .383 (20th in MLB) with 99 total home runs (11th in MLB).
- In six innings over one appearance against the Diamondbacks this season, Marquez has a 4.5 ERA and a 1.667 WHIP while his opponents are batting .286.
- The 27-year-old ranks 64th in ERA (5.90), 63rd in WHIP (1.533), and 41st in K/9 (7.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Diamondbacks Starter Tyler Gilbert
- Gilbert (0-3) will take to the mound for the Diamondbacks and make his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run in 3 2/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the San Francisco Giants.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 6.86, a 2.286 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.424.
- In four starts this season, Gilbert has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 3.3 innings per appearance.
- The Rockies have scored 378 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They are batting .259 for the campaign with 80 home runs, 21st in the league.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Rockies have been favored 19 times and won 11, or 57.9%, of those games.
- Colorado has entered 18 games this season favored by -115 or more and is 10-8 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 53.5% chance to win.
- Colorado’s games have gone over the total in 42 of their 87 chances.
- The Rockies are 44-43-0 ATS in their 87 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been underdogs in 71 games this season and have come away with the win 31 times (43.7%) in those contests.
- This year, Arizona has won 29 of 66 games when listed as at least -104 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 51% chance of pulling out a win.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 42 of their 90 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 50-40-0 against the spread in their 90 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Rockies best power option comes in the form of C.J. Cron and his 20-home-run 66-RBI season, both team highs.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Cron is 11th in home runs and second in RBI.
- Cron carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has 14 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 22 walks while hitting .262.
- Blackmon is 44th in home runs and 30th in RBI on the year.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .258 with 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 22 walks.
- Rodgers will look to build on his four-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with a walk and two RBI.
- Connor Joe has 14 doubles, four triples, five home runs and 44 walks while batting .268.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has put up a team-leading 21 home runs and has driven in 43 runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Walker’s home run total ranks ninth and his RBI tally ranks 45th.
- Ketel Marte has a club-best .265 batting average.
- Marte ranks 195th overall in home runs and 160th in RBI this season.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .238 with 15 doubles, 12 home runs and 21 walks.
- David Peralta has 16 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 23 walks while batting .245.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price