The Kansas City Royals (26-44) host the Oakland Athletics (24-49) Sunday to close out a three-game series. The Royals are favored (-164) to win the rubber match, which starts at 2:10 PM ET from Kauffman Stadium. Kansas City’s Brady Singer and Oakland’s James Kaprielian have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Royals vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Royals vs. Athletics
Our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +141 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+141) and Over (8.5)
Royals vs. Athletics Game Info
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Brady Singer
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: James Kaprielian
- Game Day: Sunday, June 26, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Kansas City Royals vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Royals Starter Brady Singer
- The Royals will send Singer (3-2) out to make his eighth start of the season. He is 3-2 with a 4.34 ERA and 44 strikeouts in 45 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Oakland Athletics, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.34, with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .256 against him.
- Singer is looking to pick up his third quality start of the season.
- Singer will aim to go five or more innings for his eighth straight start. He’s averaging 4.2 frames per outing.
- He will match up with an Athletics team that is hitting .211 as a unit (30th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .329 (29th in MLB) with 50 total home runs (29th in MLB).
- Singer has thrown 5 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on six hits while striking out four against the Athletics this season.
Athletics Starter James Kaprielian
- The Athletics will hand the ball to Kaprielian (0-5) for his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Seattle Mariners.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 5.98, a 1.619 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.479 in 10 games this season.
- None of Kaprielian’s 10 starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Kaprielian has started 10 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings seven times. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Royals rank 18th in MLB with a .238 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 26th in the league (.373) and 57 home runs.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been favorites in 12 games this season and won five (41.7%) of those contests.
- Kansas City has played as a favorite of -164 or more once this season and lost that game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Royals have a 62.1% chance to win.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 34 of their 73 opportunities.
- The Royals are 31-42-0 ATS in their 73 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have won in 19, or 32.2%, of the 59 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Oakland has a mark of 11-20 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +141 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 41.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Oakland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 32 of 73 chances this season.
- The Athletics have an against the spread record of 32-41-0 in 73 games with a line this season.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads the Royals in home runs (11) and runs batted in (37).
- Witt Jr.’s home runs put him 47th in the majors, and he ranks 44th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a double, a triple, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi’s .299 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Benintendi is 241st in homers and 142nd in RBI on the year.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .223 with 15 doubles, three home runs and 22 walks.
- Hunter Dozier has 14 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 20 walks while hitting .259.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||68||.243||.286||.468||11||37||64|
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seth Brown paces the Athletics in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (35).
- Brown ranks 67th in home runs and 58th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Brown has collected a hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Sean Murphy is batting .222 with 16 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 21 walks.
- Murphy is 83rd in home runs and 93rd in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Tony Kemp leads the Athletics’ lineup with a .231 batting average.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .217 with 17 doubles, three home runs and 18 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price