A pair of surging power hitters meet Wednesday when Ryan Jeffers — with his two-game homer streak in tow — and the Minnesota Twins (48-41) take on Andrew McCutchen (home runs in two straight) and the Milwaukee Brewers (49-39). The Twins are favorites (-132) for the contest, which starts at 1:10 PM ET, live from Target Field. Joe Ryan will get the ball for Minnesota while Milwaukee counter with Aaron Ashby.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Brewers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Brewers
Our best bet is the Brewers on the moneyline at +112 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Milwaukee Brewers (+112) and Over (8.5)
Twins vs. Brewers Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Joe Ryan
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Aaron Ashby
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Milwaukee Brewers Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Joe Ryan
- The Twins are sending Ryan (6-3) to the mound for his 14th start of the season. He is 6-3 with a 3.09 ERA and 63 strikeouts through 70 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Chicago White Sox, the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 26-year-old has put together a 3.09 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings across 13 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .215 to his opponents.
- Ryan has six quality starts under his belt this year.
- Ryan has put up eight starts this campaign in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will face off against a Brewers offense that ranks 19th in MLB with 691 total hits (on a .236 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .412 (ninth in MLB) with 121 total home runs (fourth in MLB).
Brewers Starter Aaron Ashby
- Ashby (2-6) will take to the mound for the Brewers and make his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 4.52 and 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .246 in 16 games this season.
- In 10 starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Ashby has five starts of five or more innings this season in 10 chances. He averages 3.3 innings per outing.
- The Twins have scored 407 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB. They have 759 hits, sixth in baseball, with 112 home runs (seventh in the league).
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have won 33 out of the 53 games, or 62.3%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota is 27-15 this season when entering a game favored by -132 or more on the moneyline.
- The Twins have a 56.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total in 41 of their 90 chances.
- The Twins have an ATS record of 42-48-0 in 90 games with a spread this season.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have won in 11, or 57.9%, of the 19 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Milwaukee has won five of eight games when listed as at least +112 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Brewers have a 47.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Milwaukee and their opponents have gone over in 44 of their 88 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 88 games with a line this season, the Brewers have a mark of 39-49-0 against the spread.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez is the Twins best hitter thus far this season, hitting at a team-leading .347 rate along with four homers and 29 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Arraez is 233rd in homers and 146th in RBI.
- Max Kepler has 12 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 40 walks while hitting .242.
- Kepler ranks 98th in homers and 77th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Byron Buxton has launched a team-best 23 home runs.
- Jorge Polanco’s 45 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez has driven in the most runs for the Brewers with 55 runs batted in.
- Tellez’s home run total puts him 21st in the big leagues, and he is 17th in RBI.
- Christian Yelich is batting .250 with 12 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 44 walks.
- Yelich ranks 117th overall in home runs and 135th in RBI this year.
- Willy Adames has 18 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- McCutchen leads the team in batting average with a mark of .256.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price