Michael A. Taylor is on the brink of his 99th hit of the season for the Kansas City Royals (57-84) as they get set to take on the Minnesota Twins (70-70) on Wednesday. The Royals enter the matchup as +168 underdogs on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Target Field at 7:40 PM ET. Sonny Gray starts for Minnesota while Zack Greinke is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Twins vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Twins vs. Royals
After analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +168. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+168) and Over (7.5)
Twins vs. Royals Game Info
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Sonny Gray
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Zack Greinke
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Twins Starter Sonny Gray
- Gray (7-4) gets the starting nod for the Twins in his 23rd start of the season. He has a 3.09 ERA in 110 2/3 innings pitched, with 108 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Thursday against the New York Yankees, the right-hander tossed six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In 22 games this season, the 32-year-old has a 3.09 ERA and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .224 to opposing hitters.
- Gray has collected eight quality starts this year.
- Gray will try to pick up his 14th outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.0 innings per appearance.
- He will face a Royals offense that is hitting .242 as a unit (14th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .377 (26th in MLB) with 120 total home runs (26th in MLB).
- Gray has a 0.75 ERA and a 0.500 WHIP against the Royals this season in 12 innings pitched, allowing a .122 batting average over two appearances.
Royals Starter Zack Greinke
- Greinke (4-8) will take to the mound for the Royals and make his 23rd start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw six innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up one earned run while allowing six hits.
- The 38-year-old has pitched to a 4.00 ERA this season with 5.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.7 walks per nine across 22 games.
- He has earned a quality start seven times in 22 starts this season.
- Greinke has started 22 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 16 times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Twins have scored 611 runs this season, which ranks 17th in MLB. They have 1179 hits, 12th in baseball, with 162 home runs (12th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Twins to go 21-for-62 with four home runs and seven RBI in 15 innings this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Twins have won 50 out of the 81 games, or 61.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Minnesota has a record of 8-1, a 88.9% win rate, when favored by -201 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 66.8% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 71 of their 145 opportunities.
- The Twins are 68-77-0 against the spread in their 145 chances this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been victorious in 47, or 39.5%, of the 119 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Kansas City has won seven of 32 games when listed as at least +168 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Royals have a 37.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Kansas City and their opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 145 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Royals are 70-75-0 against the spread in their 145 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Twins best hitter so far this season is Luis Arraez, who’s hitting at a team-leading .319 clip along with eight homers and 46 RBI.
- Arraez ranks 199th in home runs and 144th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Arraez carries a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .326 with six doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa is hitting .280 with 19 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 53 walks.
- Correa ranks 51st in homers in the majors, and 82nd in RBI.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .272 with 23 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks.
- Urshela will look to build on his six-game hitting in this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .308 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .227 with 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 49 walks.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads the squad with a batting average of .249, while pacing the Royals in home runs, with 20 and runs batted in with 72.
- Witt Jr. ranks 51st in home runs and 38th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Witt Jr. takes a hitting streak of five games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with three doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- MJ Melendez is batting .218 with 16 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 58 walks.
- Melendez is 94th overall in homers and 108th in RBI this season.
- Salvador Perez has 20 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Taylor is hitting .269 with nine doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 33 walks.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||131||.249||.292||.441||20||72||127|
|Michael A. Taylor||110||.269||.331||.385||9||42||98|
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price