Betting is as much of an art as it is a science. There’s a lot of research that has to go into this, and you need to be smart about how you are making your choices.
One of the ways to get deeper into the action and have a good chance of making some money is through teaser or parlay bets. In reality, these are often some of the best ways to bet NBA basketball games. Instead of choosing the traditional options, such as who will win and by how much, you can go with the alternative of choosing one of these other types of bets.
The Teaser Bet
The teaser bet is becoming one of the most popular options you will find. Many will tell you that these are sucker bets, which has very little merit to them. The truth is that these can be tough to win but, if you had done your homework and use your head, you can win here.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price
The teaser bet, commonly referred to as a parlay bet, allows the gambler to combine his bets on two different games. The person is allowed to adjust the point spread in some cases, but that reduces their return on their bet should they win.
To win betting NBA teasers, you want to ensure you are getting the best odds possible. You will find that the odds are not standardized on every site. Some offer four point teasers, while others offer five-point options. The world’s largest online sportsbook offers a five-point teaser, the same as you would find at many smaller sized sportsbooks.
A Few Facts about the NBA Teaser Bet
We want to be honest with you. The thing to understand is that teasers may not provide you with the great profit you are looking for. The reason is that the vast majority of people will not hit on these bets. In fact, this is one of the most popular forms of betting with sportsbooks because they understand that the odds are against the person placing the wager.
That doesn’t mean that you can’t win, however. There is a lot of money to be made in these kinds of contests, as long as you hit on every one of your choices.
In most online sportsbooks, you’ll find that the teaser bet is somewhere between four and six points. You can buy additional points, but this reduces the amount of money you can earn and is not really worth it. Also, the sportsbook increases their odds of winning with every game you add.
Building a Strategy
To be successful you need to build a good strategy. This starts by choosing a good online sportsbook. This should not only include a site that provides you with good odds, but one that provides good bonuses and makes it easy to use the site. Security and deposit options are important as well. In other words, choosing a site you will enjoy using is important, especially when they provide good odds and spreads.
You will find that most sportsbooks offer teasers that are between four and five points. If you find ones that are between eight and 10 points, often called “sweetheart teasers,” you will likely find that your rate of return is not that big.
As you are developing your strategy, here are five things that you want to consider to make your chances of winning on the teaser a lot more likely:
- Choosing home favorites is usually not a good option. The fact is that the largest number of public bets is made on this selection, reducing your chance of profit.
- The home team being the underdog is an infrequent occurrence. It is true that home underdogs of 10-13 points often reap a nice winning return, but these contests are few and far between in any NBA season.
- When the road team is the underdog in the teaser, these are not usually big winners. Teams are expected to lose these games, so adding points to their win total doesn’t really provide any major advantage.
- Road teams that are picked as the favorited usually provide the greatest amount of profit. This is especially true when they are favored by 9-14 points, as this is the situation that provides the highest percentage of winning for 4 to 5 point teasers.
- The most common margin of victory found in NBA games is somewhere between 5-7 points. If you choose teasers where the numbers fall in this range, you are more likely to wind up winning.
The teaser bet can be a great option in helping you to win some money. Building an effective strategy and sticking with it can be the key to being much more successful.