The Texas Rangers (47-58) are +150 underdogs for their meeting with the Chicago White Sox (53-52) on Friday at 8:05 PM ET. Adolis Garcia has 97 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Globe Life Field. Chicago’s Dylan Cease and Texas’ Glenn Otto have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Rangers
We have the Rangers on the moneyline at +150 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+150) and Over (8)
White Sox vs. Rangers Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Dylan Cease
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Glenn Otto
- Game Day: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Dylan Cease
- Cease (11-4) gets the starting nod for the White Sox in his 22nd start of the season. He has a 2.01 ERA in 116 2/3 innings pitched, with 161 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the righty went 6 2/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- The 26-year-old has put together a 2.01 ERA and 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings across 21 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .202 to opposing hitters.
- Cease is aiming to earn his fourth straight quality start in this matchup.
- Cease will try to pitch five or more innings for his 10th straight start. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- The opposing Rangers offense has a collective .240 batting average, and is 17th in the league with 858 total hits and 15th in MLB play with 470 runs scored. It has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.399) and ranks eighth in home runs (131) in all of MLB.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 26-year-old ranks third in ERA (2.01), 34th in WHIP (1.174), and second in K/9 (12.4).
Rangers Starter Glenn Otto
- The Rangers will hand the ball to Otto (4-7) for his 16th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed four hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Los Angeles Angels on Sunday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 15 games this season with an ERA of 5.50, a 1.5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.458.
- In 15 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in three of them.
- Otto will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The White Sox rank 17th in MLB with 456 runs scored this season. They have a .258 batting average this campaign with 91 home runs (26th in the league).
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have entered the game as favorites 69 times this season and won 36, or 52.2%, of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 9-6, a 60% win rate, when favored by -176 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 63.8% chance to win.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 48 of their 110 games with a total.
- The White Sox are 49-61-0 against the spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been victorious in 31, or 49.2%, of the 63 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Texas has come away with a win five times in 12 chances when named as an underdog of at least +150 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 40% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Texas have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 51 of 106 chances this season.
- The Rangers are 59-47-0 against the spread in their 106 games that had a posted line this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu has racked up a team-best 14 home runs and 55 runs batted in.
- Abreu ranks 60th in homers and 37th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Abreu carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with three home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Luis Robert has 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 15 walks while batting .301.
- Robert ranks 83rd in home runs in MLB, and 42nd in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .299 with 20 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 21 walks.
- Vaughn has at least one base hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .421 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Tim Anderson has a club-leading .309 batting average.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager paces the Rangers with 24 home runs.
- Seager’s home run total places him 11th in MLB, and he is 37th in RBI.
- Marcus Semien has 18 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 34 walks while batting .241.
- Semien is 47th in homers and 47th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Garcia has sent home a team-high 64 runs batted in.
- Nate Lowe leads the team in batting average with a mark of .284.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price