The Chicago White Sox (72-69) hope to avoid an upset as -190 favorites when they take on Ryan McMahon (with homers in two straight contests) and the Colorado Rockies (61-80). First pitch is at 8:10 PM ET Tuesday, live from Guaranteed Rate Field. Chicago’s Michael Kopech gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s Chad Kuhl.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Rockies
Our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +160 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+160) and Over (7.5)
White Sox vs. Rockies Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Michael Kopech
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Chad Kuhl
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Michael Kopech
- Kopech (4-9 with a 3.78 ERA and 102 strikeouts in 114 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the White Sox, his 25th of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Seattle Mariners, when he tossed 3 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.78, with 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in 24 games this season. Opponents are batting .202 against him.
- Kopech has eight quality starts this year.
- Kopech has pitched five or more innings in a game 16 times this year heading into this outing.
- The opposing Rockies offense has a collective .259 batting average, and is third in the league with 1249 total hits and 10th in MLB action with 635 runs scored. It has the 12th-ranked slugging percentage (.403) and ranks 22nd in home runs (131) in all of MLB.
- Kopech has thrown 5 1/3 innings without giving up an earned run on six hits, while striking out four against the Rockies this season.
Rockies Starter Chad Kuhl
- Kuhl (6-8) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his 24th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in 4 1/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 23 games this season with an ERA of 5.38, a 1.84 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.513.
- In 23 starts this season, he’s earned seven quality starts.
- Kuhl has 13 starts of five or more innings this season in 23 chances. He averages 5.0 innings per outing.
- The White Sox have scored 613 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They have 1283 hits, first in baseball, with 127 home runs (23rd in the league).
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have won 50, or 52.6%, of the 95 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Chicago has entered 16 games this season favored by -190 or more and is 11-5 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the White Sox, based on the moneyline, is 65.5%.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 64 of their 145 games with a total this season.
- The White Sox are 65-80-0 ATS in their 145 games with a spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with 45 wins in the 117 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Colorado has won 12 of 45 games when listed as at least +160 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 38.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Colorado and their opponents have hit the over in 69 of their 143 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rockies have posted a record of 79-64-0 against the spread this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu’s .310 average leads the White Sox this year. His resume also includes 14 homers and driven in 66 RBI.
- Of all batters in MLB, Abreu is 104th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Abreu has collected a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has shown off his power as he paces his team with 15 home runs and 68 RBI.
- Vaughn is 94th in home runs in the majors, and 45th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .249 with 29 doubles, 13 home runs and 36 walks.
- Luis Robert is hitting .295 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies in home runs (28) and runs batted in (96).
- Cron ranks 15th in home runs and fifth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Cron takes a hitting streak of three games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with two home runs, five walks and seven RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers has 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 41 walks while hitting .267.
- Rodgers ranks 151st in homers and 75th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .260 with 20 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 29 walks.
- McMahon is hitting .248 with 20 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 55 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price