After a four-hit game in a win over the Guardians, Yoan Moncada leads the Chicago White Sox (74-70) as -152 favorites against the Detroit Tigers (53-89). Action gets underway from Comerica Park at 7:10 PM ET on Friday. Chicago’s Lucas Giolito gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Matt Manning.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Tigers
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +129. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+129) and Over (7.5)
White Sox vs. Tigers Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Matt Manning
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Lucas Giolito
- Giolito (10-9) takes the mound for the White Sox in his 27th start of the season. He has a 5.18 ERA in 139 innings pitched, with 153 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Saturday against the Oakland Athletics, the right-hander threw 6 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 28-year-old has amassed an ERA of 5.18, with 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .283 against him.
- Giolito is looking to pick up his 10th quality start of the season.
- Giolito is looking for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will face off against a Tigers offense that ranks 26th in MLB with 1085 total hits (on a .230 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .341 (30th in MLB) with 90 total home runs (30th in MLB).
- In 17 2/3 innings over three appearances against the Tigers this season, Giolito has a 4.58 ERA and a 1.075 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .219.
Tigers Starter Matt Manning
- The Tigers will send Manning (2-2) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in 6 1/3 innings pitched against the Kansas City Royals on Saturday.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with an ERA of 3.73 and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .249.
- He has earned a quality start five times in 10 starts this season.
- Manning has started 10 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings seven times. He averages 5.0 innings per appearance.
- The White Sox are batting .262 this season, first in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .395 (14th in the league) with 134 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the White Sox to go 10-for-23 with a double and four RBI in five innings this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the White Sox have won 52 out of the 98 games, or 53.1%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Chicago has a record of 25-22 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -152 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60.3% chance of a victory for the White Sox.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 65 of 148 chances this season.
- In 148 games with a spread this season, the White Sox are 67-81-0 ATS.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have been chosen as underdogs in 121 games this year and have walked away with the win 44 times (36.4%) in those games.
- This season, Detroit has been victorious 25 times in 82 chances when named as an underdog of at least +129 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 43.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Detroit and their opponents have hit the over in 52 of their 144 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Tigers have an against the spread record of 65-79-0 in 144 games with a line this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox in runs batted in (69) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .312.
- In all of MLB, Abreu ranks 95th in homers and 45th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s 16 home runs and 69 runs batted in are both team-highs.
- Vaughn is 83rd in homers and 45th in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Vaughn carries a three-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .471 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .253 with 30 doubles, 14 home runs and 37 walks.
- Andrus will look to build on his three-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Luis Robert has 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks while hitting .291.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Javier Baez leads the squad with a batting average of .233, while pacing the Tigers in home runs, with 13 and runs batted in with 56.
- Baez’s home run total places him 120th in the majors, and he is 87th in RBI.
- Baez carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, a triple, a home run and three RBI.
- Harold Castro is hitting .267 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Castro is currently 247th in homers and 178th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario has 13 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Willi Castro is hitting .238 with 18 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 14 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price