The Chicago White Sox (38-39) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the Minnesota Twins (45-37) Monday at 8:10 PM ET. Bookmakers consider the White Sox -127 favorites to extend their streak, while the Twins are +108 underdogs looking for the upset. Johnny Cueto takes the mound for Chicago while Dylan Bundy is Minnesota’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Twins
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at +108. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (+108) and Over (9.5)
White Sox vs. Twins Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Johnny Cueto
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Dylan Bundy
- Game Day: Monday, July 4, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Johnny Cueto
- Cueto makes the start for the White Sox, his ninth of the season. He is 2-4 with a 3.33 ERA and 45 strikeouts in 54 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Angels, the righty went 6 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 3.33, with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in nine games this season. Opponents are batting .245 against him.
- Cueto is looking to secure his seventh quality start of the year.
- Cueto is seeking his 10th straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.0 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He will match up with a Twins team that is hitting .251 as a unit (eighth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .414 (eighth in MLB) with 96 total home runs (10th in MLB).
Twins Starter Dylan Bundy
- Bundy (4-4) will take to the mound for the Twins and make his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Cleveland Guardians.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 13 games this season with an ERA of 4.71 and 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .273.
- In 13 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Bundy will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The White Sox have scored 328 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They have 681 hits, seventh in baseball, with 61 home runs (27th in the league).
- The White Sox have gone 4-for-19 with a double in one game against the right-hander this season.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the White Sox have won 23 out of the 44 games, or 52.3%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Chicago has a record of 19-17, a 52.8% win rate, when favored by -127 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The White Sox have a 55.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 37 of 81 chances this season.
- The White Sox are 39-42-0 ATS in their 81 games with a spread this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been chosen as underdogs in 30 games this year and have walked away with the win 12 times (40%) in those games.
- This season, Minnesota has been victorious seven times in 17 chances when named as an underdog of at least +108 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Twins have an implied victory probability of 48.1% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 36 of their 83 opportunities.
- In 83 games with a line this season, the Twins have a mark of 38-45-0 against the spread.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu leads the White Sox with nine home runs.
- Including all MLB hitters, Abreu is 28th in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage, and 54th in slugging.
- Abreu brings a hitting streak of eight games into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .447 with four doubles, three walks and four RBI.
- Luis Robert has put up 40 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Robert ranks 99th in home runs and 46th in RBI on the year.
- Andrew Vaughn leads the White Sox with a team-high batting average of .297.
- Tim Anderson is hitting .333 with 10 doubles, five home runs and nine walks.
- Anderson brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .292 with a double and a walk.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a .344 batting average.
- Arraez is 220th in homers and 142nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Arraez carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three doubles.
- Byron Buxton has hit 21 home runs with 38 RBI, leading the team in both categories.
- Buxton is currently seventh in home runs and 57th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Max Kepler is hitting .233 with 11 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 37 walks.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .260 with 13 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 20 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price