Following a big two-homer game last time out, Alex Kirilloff leads the Minnesota Twins (47-37) into action as -104 underdogs against the Chicago White Sox (38-41). First pitch from Guaranteed Rate Field at 2:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Chicago’s Lance Lynn and Minnesota’s Joe Ryan have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
White Sox vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for White Sox vs. Twins
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at -104. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going under the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (-104) and Under (8.5)
White Sox vs. Twins Game Info
- Chicago White Sox probable starting pitcher: Lance Lynn
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Joe Ryan
- Game Day: Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
White Sox Starter Lance Lynn
- Lynn makes the start for the White Sox, his fifth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA and 22 strikeouts through 22 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the San Francisco Giants, when he threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- The 35-year-old has a 4.50 ERA and 9 strikeouts per nine innings across four games this season, while allowing a batting average of .261 to his opponents.
- Lynn will look to last five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- He will face off against a Twins squad that is hitting .252 as a unit (sixth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .418 (seventh in MLB) with 102 total home runs (eighth in MLB).
Twins Starter Joe Ryan
- Ryan (6-3) will take the mound for the Twins, his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed two hits in 7 2/3 innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 12 games this season with an ERA of 3.00, a 3.333 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.045.
- He has started 12 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in six of them.
- Ryan has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The White Sox have scored 333 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They are batting .254 for the campaign with 62 home runs, 27th in the league.
White Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The White Sox have entered the game as favorites 46 times this season and won 23, or 50%, of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 23-21 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 53.5% chance to win.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 38 of their 83 games with a total this season.
- The White Sox are 39-44-0 ATS in their 83 games with a spread this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have come away with 14 wins in the 32 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Minnesota has a win-loss record of 12-16 when favored by -104 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Twins have an implied victory probability of 51% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 37 of their 85 opportunities.
- The Twins are 40-45-0 against the spread in their 85 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
White Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Abreu has launched a team-high 10 homers.
- Of all batters in baseball, Abreu is 73rd in home runs and 69th in RBI.
- Abreu has collected a hit in 10 games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .462 with five doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Luis Robert has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 40 runs batted in.
- Including all major league hitters, Robert ranks 104th in home runs and 53rd in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn paces the White Sox with a team-best batting average of .291.
- Tim Anderson has 10 doubles, five home runs and nine walks while batting .320.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .346.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Arraez is 222nd in homers and 139th in RBI.
- Arraez carries a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .326 with five doubles, a triple, three walks and two RBI.
- Byron Buxton has put up a team-best 22 home runs.
- Buxton is fifth in homers and 53rd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Max Kepler is hitting .235 with 11 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 39 walks.
- Jorge Polanco has driven in the most runs for the Twins with 41 runs batted in.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price