The New York Yankees (87-56) will vie for their fifth straight victory when they visit the Milwaukee Brewers (76-67) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Yankees are listed as -130 favorites by bookmakers, while the Brewers are +110 underdogs. Frankie Montas will get the ball for New York while Milwaukee counter with Adrian Houser.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Brewers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Brewers
We have the Brewers on the moneyline at +110 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Milwaukee Brewers (+110) and Over (7.5)
Yankees vs. Brewers Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Frankie Montas
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Adrian Houser
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
New York Yankees vs Milwaukee Brewers Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Frankie Montas
- Montas (5-12 with a 3.89 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 141 innings pitched) makes the start for the Yankees, his 27th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Friday against the Tampa Bay Rays, the righty tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- In 26 games this season, the 29-year-old has put up a 3.89 ERA and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .248 to opposing hitters.
- Montás has recorded 10 quality starts this season.
- Montás will try to build upon a seven-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing).
- He will face a Brewers squad that is hitting .235 as a unit (22nd in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .410 (eighth in MLB) with 197 total home runs (third in MLB).
Brewers Starter Adrian Houser
- The Brewers will send Houser (6-9) to the mound for his 19th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in six innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Cincinnati Reds.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 4.61 and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .254 in 19 games this season.
- He has six quality starts in 18 chances this season.
- Houser has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Yankees are batting .239 this season, 20th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .423 (sixth in the league) with 224 home runs.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have entered the game as favorites 132 times this season and won 84, or 63.6%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 75-42 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -130 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 56.5% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 147 games with a total this season.
- In 147 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 65-82-0 ATS.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have been victorious in 13, or 41.9%, of the 31 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Milwaukee has a win-loss record of 7-11 when favored by +110 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Brewers have an implied victory probability of 47.6% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 71 of their 143 opportunities.
- In 143 games with a line this season, the Brewers have a mark of 59-84-0 against the spread.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge paces the Yankees in home runs (57), runs batted in (123) and has put up a team-high batting average of .310.
- Judge’s home runs place him first in MLB, and he ranks first in RBI.
- Judge has collected a hit in six straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .486 with three doubles, five home runs, 10 walks and nine RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .244 with 23 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 32 walks.
- Torres ranks 47th in home runs in the majors, and 71st in RBI.
- Torres has five straight games with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .375 with a double, two home runs and nine RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has 19 doubles, three home runs and 30 walks while hitting .270.
- Kiner-Falefa will look to build on his two-game hitting in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with three walks and an RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton is batting .217 with seven doubles, 26 home runs and 43 walks.
- Stanton takes a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez has swatted a team- leading 30 long balls.
- Among all batters in MLB, Tellez ranks 12th in homers and 24th in RBI.
- Christian Yelich has a club-leading .260 batting average.
- Yelich ranks 137th in homers and 108th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Willy Adames has put up a team-best 85 runs batted in.
- Andrew McCutchen has 22 doubles, 17 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .242.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price