The New York Yankees (70-37) visit the St. Louis Cardinals (58-48) at 7:15 PM ET Saturday for a sluggers’ duel between two of the best home-run hitters in baseball. Aaron Judge has racked up 43 homers this season (No. 1 in the league) for the favored Yankees which sit as -115 favorites, while Paul Goldschmidt ranks seventh in the majors with 26 dingers of his own for the underdogs. Domingo German starts for New York while Jordan Montgomery is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Cardinals
We have the Cardinals on the moneyline at -104 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (-104) and Over (8)
Yankees vs. Cardinals Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Domingo Germán
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Jordan Montgomery
- Game Day: Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
New York Yankees vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Domingo Germán
- German (1-1 with a 6.39 ERA and 10 strikeouts in 12 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Yankees, his fourth of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Monday against the Seattle Mariners, when the righty tossed 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In three games this season, the 30-year-old has an ERA of 6.39, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .304 against him.
- The opposing Cardinals offense has the ninth-ranked slugging percentage (.410) and is 11th in MLB play with 120 home runs. It has a collective .252 batting average, and is ninth in MLB with 904 total hits and seventh in MLB play scoring 492 runs.
Cardinals Starter Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery (3-3) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his 22nd start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up four earned runs in 4 2/3 innings during his last outing, which came on Sunday for the New York Yankees against the Kansas City Royals.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 3.69 ERA this season with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.8 walks per nine across 21 games.
- He has nine quality starts in 21 chances this season.
- In 21 starts this season, Montgomery has lasted five or more innings 17 times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Yankees are batting .246 this season, 13th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .447 (first in the league) with 185 home runs.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 29-year-old’s 3.69 ERA ranks 37th, 1.099 WHIP ranks 21st, and 7.6 K/9 ranks 42nd.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have been favored 99 times and won 65, or 65.7%, of those games.
- New York is 64-33 this season when entering a game favored by -115 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 53.5% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 53 of their 107 games with a total this season.
- The Yankees are 50-57-0 against the spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have won in 23, or 45.1%, of the 51 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, St. Louis has been victorious 21 times in 48 chances when named as an underdog of at least -104 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 51% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with St. Louis have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 49 of 109 chances this season.
- The Cardinals have an against the spread mark of 59-49-0 in 108 games with a line this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Judge paces the Yankees with 43 home runs and 93 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB batters, Judge is 16th in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .227 with 16 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 48 walks.
- Rizzo is sixth in home runs and 16th in RBI in the major leagues.
- DJ LeMahieu has 16 doubles, 11 home runs and 59 walks while hitting .287.
- Andrew Benintendi’s .305 batting average is a team-high mark.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Goldschmidt leads the squad with a batting average of .330, and leads the Cardinals in home runs, with 26 and runs batted in with 82.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt is seventh in homers and fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has 25 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 39 walks while hitting .296.
- Among all MLB hitters, Arenado ranks 20th in home runs and 20th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .256 with 18 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 36 walks.
- Dylan Carlson is batting .244 with 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 26 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price