The Tampa Bay Rays (78-58) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they visit the New York Yankees (83-56) Saturday at 1:05 PM ET. Sportsbooks consider the Yankees to be -115 favorites, while the Rays are -104 underdogs to keep their streak alive. Jameson Taillon gets the starting nod for New York while Corey Kluber is Tampa Bay’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Rays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Rays
Our best bet is the Rays on the moneyline at -104 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Tampa Bay Rays (-104) and Over (7.5)
Yankees vs. Rays Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jameson Taillon
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Corey Kluber
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Tampa Bay Rays Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (12-4 with a 3.95 ERA and 120 strikeouts in 145 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Yankees, his 28th of the season.
- The right-hander’s last time out came on Monday against the Minnesota Twins, when he went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.95, with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .249 against him.
- Taillon enters this matchup with nine quality starts under his belt this season.
- Taillon is looking to secure his 22nd start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- He will take the mound against a Rays offense that ranks 18th in MLB with 1107 total hits (on a .243 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .384 (21st in MLB) with 122 total home runs (24th in MLB).
- Taillon has pitched eight innings without giving up an earned run on two hits, while striking out five against the Rays this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 30-year-old ranks 37th in ERA (3.95), 27th in WHIP (1.140), and 38th in K/9 (7.4).
Rays Starter Corey Kluber
- The Rays will hand the ball to Kluber (10-7) for his 27th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw seven scoreless innings against the New York Yankees while allowing two hits.
- The 36-year-old has pitched to a 4.00 ERA this season with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.1 walks per nine across 26 games.
- He’s going for his fifth quality start in a row.
- Kluber has pitched five or more innings in 11 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Yankees have scored 677 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They have 1106 hits, 19th in baseball, with 215 home runs (first in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Yankees to go 13-for-87 with five doubles, a home run and three RBI in 25 innings this season.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 36-year-old’s 4.00 ERA ranks 39th, 1.122 WHIP ranks 23rd, and 7.8 K/9 ranks 32nd.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Yankees have been favored 129 times and won 81, or 62.8%, of those games.
- This season, New York has won 79 of its 126 games, or 62.7%, when favored by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 53.5% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 67 of their 143 games with a total.
- In 143 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 62-81-0 ATS.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have been chosen as underdogs in 42 games this year and have walked away with the win 18 times (42.9%) in those games.
- Tampa Bay has a mark of 15-23 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by -104 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 51% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 62 of 136 chances this season.
- The Rays are 66-70-0 against the spread in their 136 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Not only does Aaron Judge lead the Yankees in hitting with his .304 average, he also is their foremost power hitter with 55 home runs and 119 RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Judge ranks first in homers and first in RBI.
- Judge takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .438 with two doubles, two home runs, eight walks and four RBI.
- Gleyber Torres has 22 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 32 walks while batting .236.
- Torres is 52nd in homers and 94th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is hitting .268 with 19 doubles, three home runs and 27 walks.
- Kiner-Falefa is on a seven-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton has six doubles, 24 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .213.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with a .290 batting average.
- Diaz’s home run total puts him 193rd in the big leagues, and he is 107th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena been a consistent power bat this season, as he paces his team with 19 home runs and 76 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB batters, Arozarena is 52nd in home runs and 29th in RBI.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .320 with 20 doubles, five home runs and 18 walks.
- David Peralta is batting .255 with 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price