The Boston Red Sox (47-43) hope to avoid their fifth straight defeat when they visit the New York Yankees (62-27) Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are listed as -179 favorites, while the Red Sox are +151 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. New York’s Jordan Montgomery gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Nathan Eovaldi.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Red Sox
Our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +151 after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+151) and Over (8.5)
Yankees vs. Red Sox Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jordan Montgomery
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nathan Eovaldi
- Game Day: Friday, July 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery gets the start for the Yankees, his 18th of the season. He is 3-2 with a 3.19 ERA and 76 strikeouts through 96 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Saturday against the Boston Red Sox, when the lefty threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.19, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 17 games this season. Opponents are hitting .226 against him.
- Montgomery is looking to pick up his eighth quality start of the season in this game.
- Montgomery will aim to go five or more innings for his 11th straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- He will match up with a Red Sox offense that ranks first in MLB with 806 total hits (on a .259 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .413 (eighth in MLB) with 86 total home runs (20th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Red Sox this season, Montgomery has pitched nine innings, giving up five earned runs on nine hits while striking out eight.
- This season, the 29-year-old ranks 26th in ERA (3.19), 15th in WHIP (1.031), and 50th in K/9 (7.1) among pitchers who qualify.
Red Sox Starter Nathan Eovaldi
- The Red Sox will send Eovaldi to the mound for his first start this season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 32-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Yankees are batting .242 this season, 15th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .440 (second in the league) with 150 home runs.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have won 57, or 67.9%, of the 84 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, New York has won 36 of its 46 games, or 78.3%, when favored by at least -179 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 64.2% chance to win.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 41 of their 89 games with a total.
- The Yankees are 42-47-0 against the spread in their 89 chances this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorious in 17, or 42.5%, of the 40 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Boston has been a moneyline underdog of -179 or better five times, losing every contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Red Sox have a 39.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Boston have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 38 of 90 chances this season.
- The Red Sox have posted a record of 49-41-0 against the spread this season.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Aaron Judge is the bat to watch in the Yankees lineup, leading the team in batting average (.278), home runs (31), and RBI (66).
- Judge is first in homers and fifth in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .220 with 14 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 39 walks.
- Rizzo ranks ninth in home runs and 14th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- DJ LeMahieu has 13 doubles, eight home runs and 46 walks while batting .270.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .273 with 18 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 22 walks.
- Torres is riding an eight-game hitting streak into this one. During his last 10 outings he is batting .409 with five doubles, a home run, five walks and eight RBI.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers has a team- leading batting average of .327, while pacing the Red Sox in long balls with 20.
- Devers is 12th in homers and 22nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Devers carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, three home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .317 with 24 doubles, seven home runs and 36 walks.
- Bogaerts ranks 146th overall in homers and 85th in RBI this year.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .269 with 19 doubles, six home runs and 22 walks.
- J.D. Martinez has 29 doubles, nine home runs and 31 walks while hitting .306.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price