The New York Yankees (86-56) visit the Boston Red Sox (69-73) at 7:10 PM ET Wednesday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Aaron Judge is batting .310 this year (seventh in the league) for the favored Yankees (-128), while Xander Bogaerts ranks fifth in the majors with a .318 average for the underdog Red Sox. Nestor Cortes starts for New York while Brayan Bello is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Yankees vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Yankees vs. Red Sox
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +108. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+108) and Over (9)
Yankees vs. Red Sox Game Info
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Nestor Cortes
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Brayan Bello
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Yankees Starter Nestor Cortes
- The Yankees are sending Nestor Cortes Jr. (9-4) out to make his 25th start of the season as he aims for his 10th win. He is 9-4 with a 2.73 ERA and 135 strikeouts through 135 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Thursday against the Minnesota Twins, when the left-hander went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 2.73 ERA and 9 strikeouts per nine innings across 24 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .198 to opposing hitters.
- Cortes heads into this game with 11 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Cortes is trying to pick up his 19th start of five or more innings this year in this matchup.
- He will take the hill against a Red Sox offense that ranks second in MLB with 1271 total hits (on a .259 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .411 (eighth in MLB) with 136 total home runs (20th in MLB).
- Head-to-head against the Red Sox this season, Cortes has thrown 3 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on eight hits while striking out four.
Red Sox Starter Brayan Bello
- The Red Sox will hand the ball to Bello (1-5) for his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in 5 1/3 innings pitched on Friday in his last outing, a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 23-year-old has pitched to a 5.79 ERA this season with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.8 walks per nine across nine games.
- He has one quality starts in seven chances this season.
- Bello has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Yankees have scored 704 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They have 1137 hits, 19th in baseball, with 224 home runs (first in the league).
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been favorites in 131 games this season and won 83 (63.4%) of those contests.
- New York has a record of 75-43 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -128 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 56.1% chance to win.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 146 games with a total.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 64-82-0 in 146 games with a spread this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorious in 27, or 38%, of the 71 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Boston has been victorious 16 times in 47 chances when named as an underdog of at least +108 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 48.1% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Boston have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 65 of 142 chances this season.
- In 142 games with a line this season, the Red Sox have a mark of 74-68-0 against the spread.
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Not only does Judge lead the Yankees in hitting with his .310 average, he also paces the squad with 57 home runs and 123 RBI.
- Among all batters in MLB, Judge’s home run total ranks him first, and his RBI tally ranks him first.
- Judge has collected a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .550 with a double, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .240 with 23 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 32 walks.
- Including all MLB hitters, Torres ranks 45th in home runs and 73rd in RBI.
- Torres has four games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .261 with a double, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .269 with 19 doubles, three home runs and 29 walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton has six doubles, 26 home runs and 43 walks while batting .218.
- Stanton is riding a three-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .308 with two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers has put up a team-leading 26 home runs and has driven in 78 runs.
- Devers is 24th in home runs and 30th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Bogaerts’ .318 batting average paces his team.
- Bogaerts is 106th in homers and 51st in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .285 with 35 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 36 walks.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .274 with 38 doubles, 11 home runs and 47 walks.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price